Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To the group of riders with the loud cans on their sleds

Quote Originally Posted by juiced10 View Post
    Imagine in a perfect world NYSSA would have a booth as soon as you walk in the Syracuse snow show instead of Bikeman Performance showing off their latest noise makers.

Where is the like button????

Just because a company sells something doesn't mean they are to blame. And that would involve nyssa doing more then just taking money n doing nothing else.
    2006 Polaris fusion
    2012 Polaris rush

IMO, those products are sold for racing/race teams. They shouldn't be available to Joe Schmoe who never leaves the trail-except when he/she's going too fast and blows the corner. They (products) have about as much need on the trail as driving a stock car to work in the morning. In the city.

I've been riding for 50 years. Have only seen 1 sign on trail about noise over in Camden area where it goes between some houses where you cross a road. I would like to see some signs on the trails & parking areas telling people in no uncertain terms to leave the loud exhausts home. Maybe the the restaurants & gas stations could have some signs. Put it right on the side of the groomers. Try to make the offenders feel uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclemaniac View Post
    I've been riding for 50 years. Have only seen 1 sign on trail about noise over in Camden area where it goes between some houses where you cross a road. I would like to see some signs on the trails & parking areas telling people in no uncertain terms to leave the loud exhausts home. Maybe the the restaurants & gas stations could have some signs. Put it right on the side of the groomers. Try to make the offenders feel uncomfortable.
    I think it has do with laws Clubs can't just tell people who can ride there trails and who can't. It's just like club can't do anything about sleds not bring registered or insured they can turn them in to the law but they can't stop them from riding. And that goes the same with loud exhaust.
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    I think it has do with laws Clubs can't just tell people who can ride there trails and who can't. It's just like club can't do anything about sleds not bring registered or insured they can turn them in to the law but they can't stop them from riding. And that goes the same with loud exhaust.
    True- But making them feel uncomfortable is a step in the right direction.

Outside of Carthage few years ago there was a "quiet" sing up before the trail went between 2 houses.
    Trail doesn't go between the houses anymore.But they also fenced yard off.

When taking a break on the trailside many times one can hear loud sleds approaching from a far off distance.
    I've also had guys scare the crap out of me as they screamed by at 8500 rpm at 90mph with the loud pipes and cans
    which is all of a sudden right there 5ft from my ear.

Deer see my sled before they hear my sled.Many close calls.
    I can follow riders for miles without them knowing I'm behind them.
    That's with my 900 4-stroke.

http://nysnowmobiler.com/safety/nys-...-17-equipment/

On or after November first, two thousand thirteen, a person shall not operate a snowmobile unless the snowmobile is equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation from which noise emission does not exceed either seventy-eight decibels at fifty feet at full throttle, as measured using a generally accepted test for a snowmobile manufactured after July first, nineteen hundred seventy-seven and sold or offered for sale in this state, or eighty-eight decibels, as measured at four meters from an inline position from the exhaust and four thousand rpm using a generally accepted test for using a stationary snowmobile manufactured after July first, nineteen hundred eighty and sold or offered for sale in this state. Should the federal government adopt snowmobile noise level standards different from those contained in this paragraph and require that the state conform thereto, the commissioner shall be authorized to adopt rules and regulations superseding the noise level requirements of this paragraph to achieve compliance with federal standards. No snowmobile shall be modified by any person in any manner that shall amplify or otherwise increase total noise emission to a level greater than that emitted by the snowmobile as originally constructed, regardless of date of manufacture.

I would think a bunch of signs that said "loud pipes not welcome here" would get the point across if a guy saw it 10 times a day. Leave a flyer on his sled when he goes in the restaurant to avoid confrontation.

Friends that want to come stay at my cabin for free and ride with me all know I have 2 rules, don't act like an idiot and no loud pipes/cans! It sucks telling people no, but I definitely don't want them riding around my camp pissing everyone off. So such is life.....

Like this poster that NYSSA had hundreds of copies made of back in 2015 for clubs to utilize?

Name:  Loud Pipes Poster.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  21.8 KB
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast