Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 85

Thread: To the group of riders with the loud cans on their sleds

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    245

    Default No Consequences to them

    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
    It all comes down to selfishness.I know that we cover this every year but every year it becomes even more of an issue.then there is gonna be the guys who tell ya they pickip 3 horsepower and lose 3 pounds and thats a huge difference cuz why?your sled comes from the factory with 180 hp . 1.5% more power?never gonna feel it .its more about " look at me"hear me coming and hear me leave. I think they must "get off" with the attention. So it comes down to why..why would you use one knowing it results in trail closures?the answer is selfishness.such a pain in the A$$
    They don't care because they aren't the ones who have to go out and beg new landowners and/or do the work to make that new trail work! It doesn't affect them in the least!!!!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    82

    Default

    That NYSSA poster should be posted everywhere. Trails,gas stations,restaurants.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CNY
    Posts
    3,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclemaniac View Post
    That NYSSA poster should be posted everywhere. Trails,gas stations,restaurants.
    Agreed. But do those disrespectful ones that don't seem to care what their irresponsible actions have on the clubs' volunteers read and take these important messages in??? These posters were out on a table and available to club reps who attended at least 2 of the past Forums. I believe some are still available? They can also be downloaded and copied by clubs themselves if they would like to.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

    Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,494

    Default where?

    Quote Originally Posted by 800cc28 View Post
    Agreed. But do those disrespectful ones that don't seem to care what their irresponsible actions have on the clubs' volunteers read and take these important messages in??? These posters were out on a table and available to club reps who attended at least 2 of the past Forums. I believe some are still available? They can also be downloaded and copied by clubs themselves if they would like to.
    How can I get a high resolution file of that poster, to put on the club website and print to put on our kiosks?
    Is it available on the NYSSA website?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CNY
    Posts
    3,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polarizer View Post
    How can I get a high resolution file of that poster, to put on the club website and print to put on our kiosks?
    Is it available on the NYSSA website?
    Ask Randy to pick some up at the next BoD meeting. I will also see if there is a Hi-Res digital version, in the mean time.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

    Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    82

    Default

    I honestly think there is a segment that don't care but I think there a lot of people don't realize it's a problem. Most people have no idea about this site &don't read magazines or go to the shows. It was a great point made earlier that the first booth you saw at big east show was Bikeman. Nothing there telling people about loud pipes or staying on the trail that I saw. I think that the only alternative is for us to put pressure on them & make them feel uncomfortable in a discreet way & non-confrontational. Don't want to get in a fight on the trail or at a gas station. But if they saw enough posters during the day & felt people staring at them they might get the message.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclemaniac View Post
    I honestly think there is a segment that don't care but I think there a lot of people don't realize it's a problem. Most people have no idea about this site &don't read magazines or go to the shows. It was a great point made earlier that the first booth you saw at big east show was Bikeman. Nothing there telling people about loud pipes or staying on the trail that I saw. I think that the only alternative is for us to put pressure on them & make them feel uncomfortable in a discreet way & non-confrontational. Don't want to get in a fight on the trail or at a gas station. But if they saw enough posters during the day & felt people staring at them they might get the message.
    I would like to think that shaming people would work but in this society shame is very very rare. Just think about all the things that years ago would have brought shame to a person now anything goes and if you try to point out what someone is doing is wrong you become the bad guy for pointing out someone's bad behavior or their lack of moral compass. I like your idea but I just don't see it working.We are dinosaurs and the meteor is headed right at us.
    GR Synthetics LLC, Independant AMSOIL synthetics Direct Jobber
    A Sponsor of TC
    www.synthetics-us.com/1337943

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CNY
    Posts
    3,475

    Default

    ^^^like the Stay on Trail signs many just ride right past out into the fresh powder off the marked trails???

    To be fair, the Big East Show is an OEM and aftermarket showcase. Bikeman probably pays a premium for that spot. NYSSA gets their booth pretty cheap. Pro-landowner sentiment and pro-club volunteer articles are in our magazines, which all club members can view, most every edition.
    Respect for the trail system and the club volunteers that build it should be within every rider, but it isn't.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

    Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Penfield, NY (home) / Orwell, NY (camp)
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 800cc28 View Post
    ^^^like the Stay on Trail signs many just ride right past out into the fresh powder off the marked trails???

    To be fair, the Big East Show is an OEM and aftermarket showcase. Bikeman probably pays a premium for that spot. NYSSA gets their booth pretty cheap. Pro-landowner sentiment and pro-club volunteer articles are in our magazines, which all club members can view, most every edition.
    Respect for the trail system and the club volunteers that build it should be within every rider, but it isn't.
    Jim, doesn't the publication company that runs Snow Goer magazine own the Big East PowerSports show?
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CNY
    Posts
    3,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrwellianCamper View Post
    Jim, doesn't the publication company that runs Snow Goer magazine own the Big East PowerSports show?
    They are the "major sponsor". The OnCenter's promotional agency "owns" the show, and all the shows they bring there.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

    Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •