Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: To the group of riders with the loud cans on their sleds

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    What is a rider to do when he gets ticketed for an exhaust that doesn't pass the decibel test but it is completely OEM? How does he remedy the problem if it's a 20 year old sled and replacing the defective exhaust components isn't an option?
    That's a situation that would need to be addressed by the owner and the Judge. I have heard of that situation with much older sleds, as in vintage. But the law states that they must meet the decibel level, or face a penalty IF caught.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

Quote Originally Posted by 600SDI View Post
    If the current laws were being enforced and the loud sleds ticketed and fines upheld, I'm betting the aftermarket can manufacturers would be quick to offer replacement cans that meet the stock sound levels.

Feeling sorry for the person, their situation, or how they're going to correct it should not be a consideration of LEOs, or court system.
    There are many that are indeed manufacturing exhausts systems that are the same or lower than OEM decibel levels. Starting Line Products is just one, and they label the ones that meet or exceed the J2567 legal levels.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

Quote Originally Posted by 800cc28 View Post
    There are many that are indeed manufacturing exhausts systems that are the same or lower than OEM decibel levels. Starting Line Products is just one, and they label the ones that meet or exceed the J2567 legal levels.
    I received a noise ticket in Redfield some years back.The first sled I ever bought had SLP exhaust. Police made me raise my hood and said instantly I get a ticket. I complained to SLP and they sent me all of the required testing information to fight it. In the end Redfield made it a fix it ticket with no fine. I originally called SLP to complain about the fine but they said they are 100% under the required levels and they would stand behind me.
    Without Yamaha I would have no reason to groom
    Proud drinker of Doolaid
    Kasoag Trailblazers

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
    Okay so one poor kid on Tug Hill father bought him a snowmobile and forgot to look under the hood and see there was an exhaust pipe on it. I know there's an exception here and there but I've never bought a sled without an exhaust system on it and I've never had one "wear out"so to speak. We all know those aren't families that we're talking about here. That may account for 1% of the people using loud exhaust. The people that are using the loud exhaust don't even look at this site.
    You are absolutely correct. They probably are not on here
    2006 Polaris fusion
    2012 Polaris rush

Quote Originally Posted by sledrider80 View Post
    You are absolutely correct. They probably are not on here
    Ha ha ha that's what you think!!!
    BRAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789