Thread: Rails to Trails to Junk Yard

Thumbs down Rails to Trails to Junk Yard

Quote "The state is eyeing a response to the recent arrival of old railroad cars for indefinite storage on a line in the Adirondacks, the Department of Environmental Conservation said Thursday".
    Will this happen to the line through Tupper Lake?
    Last edited by Polaris 000; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:50 AM.

Nothing says keeping the Adaks beautiful like parking ugly old railroad cars there. WTF!
    GR Synthetics LLC, Independant AMSOIL synthetics Direct Jobber
    A Sponsor of TC
    www.synthetics-us.com/1337943

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris 000 View Post
    Quote "The state is eyeing a response to the recent arrival of old railroad cars for indefinite storage on a line in the Adirondacks, the Department of Environmental Conservation said Thursday".
    Will this happen to the line through Tupper Lake?
    Saratoga and North Creek RR is storing unused rail cars on their tracks for a per diem. Not unusual for small railroads to rent space to large rail car owners to store usable but idle equipment. Doubtful that it would occur in Tupper Lake with the current condition of the tracks above Big Moose.
    Last edited by LOVEMYTRIPLE; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVEMYTRIPLE View Post
    Saratoga and North Creek RR is storing unused rail cars on their tracks for a per diem. Not unusual for small railroads to rent space to large rail car owners to store usable but idle equipment. Doubtful that it would occur in Tupper Lake with the current condition of the tracks above Big Moose.
    Not that I ever rode that far to the east, but the didnít the north creek railroad used to be a corridor trail? Itís too bad that the Iowa Pacific Holdings company ever came to NY.

Park the darn cars on side track in Herkimer where CSX had a crap load of old cars there awhile back.

[QUOTE=jeepers;228080]Park the darn cars on side track in Herkimer where CSX had a crap load of old cars there awhile back.[/QUOTE

There were a bunch of tank cars parked between Boonville and Lowville a month ago. I donít know if these are the same cars or not.

There were a bunch of tank cars parked between Boonville and Lowville a month ago. I donít know if these are the same cars or not.

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    They put them there in February last year all the way to Lyons falls and the last I knew they were still there. Where were all the crysbthen?

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    They put them there in February last year all the way to Lyons falls and the last I knew they were still there. Where were all the crysbthen?
    I guess the Rt 12 corridor isnít as pristine.

It was stupid to think that people were going to park their cars in Saratoga and ride the train to go ski at Gore Mt or that they were going to haul enough stone out of Tahawus to justify spending millions of dollars.