Thread: New redfield trails applied for according to Watertown Daily Times 10/22

Default New redfield trails applied for according to Watertown Daily Times 10/22

Full article link here-
    http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/n...-land-20171022

Just some of the article-

"Montieth said he has filed an application with the state Department of Environmental Conservation for the use of land the state recently purchased on the west wide of County Route 17. The land, known as the Kendall Tract, would provide about 15 miles of trails for snowmobilers, Montieth said."

“It’s not as much as we lost, but it’s a good amount of trails,” Montieth said. The land would take snowmobilers along County Route 17 and they would come out right before the east branch of the Salmon River.

“Then they (snowmobilers) would ride the edge of the road until they get up to old State Road,” Montieth said.

He said he sent the application to the DEC Oct. 14 and hopes to hear from the agency in about two weeks.

Work would need to be done to the area to get it ready for snowmobiling. Montieth said a bridge would have to be built, some trimming along the area would have to be done and “most of it is bulldozer work.”

Quote Originally Posted by YAM182 View Post
    Full article link here-

"Montieth said he has filed an application with the state Department of Environmental Conservation for the use of land the state recently purchased on the west wide of County Route 17. The land, known as the Kendall Tract, would provide about 15 miles of trails for snowmobilers, Montieth said."

“It’s not as much as we lost, but it’s a good amount of trails,” Montieth said. The land would take snowmobilers along County Route 17 and they would come out right before the east branch of the Salmon River.

“Then they (snowmobilers) would ride the edge of the road until they get up to old State Road,” Montieth said.

He said he sent the application to the DEC Oct. 14 and hopes to hear from the agency in about two weeks.

Work would need to be done to the area to get it ready for snowmobiling. Montieth said a bridge would have to be built, some trimming along the area would have to be done and “most of it is bulldozer work.”
    Help me understand how this new proposed trail helps restore the connector please?

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Help me understand how this new proposed trail helps restore the connector please?
    I don't think its meant to at all, its just about adding some trail miles to an area that took a big hit and lost a lot of miles of trails

the way I read it here is its about, trying to just make miles and not solve the loss of what they took
    something is better than nothing like deal here?
    and I'd agree
    more trails is never a bad thing
    won't fix what was lost, but better than nothing NO??

This proposed new trail will not in any way replace all of what was lost.
    But it's currently the only option within the Redfield Club's area to attempt to regain as much connectivity as possible.
    What was lost was about 15 miles including parts of 3 popular corridor trails and 2 main junctions all within one 20,000. acre area situated in the corner of the county. Not something that any one trail, club or county can solve independently.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbb1 View Post
    I don't think its meant to at all, its just about adding some trail miles to an area that took a big hit and lost a lot of miles of trails

the way I read it here is its about, trying to just make miles and not solve the loss of what they took
    something is better than nothing like deal here?
    and I'd agree
    more trails is never a bad thing
    won't fix what was lost, but better than nothing NO??
    I gotta say this redundancy mentality does the system no good but it does follow right in line the spaghetti maze of trails already in the region which defy the current and previous logic of cluelessness.

On a bright note did you see the wizards of the oprhp raised the chainsaw rates a nickel or so an hour and still defying what their own guidelines say? Where does Cuomo find these genusies anyways? Make sure you print this one out Bennett!

Quote Originally Posted by YAM182 View Post
    Full article link here-

So there’s still
    A fair share of road to ride ... on rt 17 correct. I guess a little more clarification when available would be good... but it’s a start...

Quote Originally Posted by sgviper View Post
    So there’s still
    A fair share of road to ride ... on rt 17 correct. I guess a little more clarification when available would be good... but it’s a start...
    About a half mile I think. Its little over a mile from harvester mills to old state.i think the river is about halfway.