Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Up

Default U. P.

Any recomendation,s on good places to stay in the up?
    Last edited by Scott63; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:26 AM.

The U.P. sounds like a great place to ride as I might make my first trip there to ride this year .
    07 ATTACK
    07 RTX
    06 Vector
    03 RX1
    94 ZR 750 STORM ZIPPER

Default Up

I always go to Au Train when I go to the UP, great place to ride. It is central to everything.

I decided to do something different this year, going to try NH. If anyone has any info please pass feel free to post.

I will be staying in Pittsburg NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott63 View Post
    Any recomendation,s on good places to stay in the up?
    What are you looking for...Cabins, Motels or Hotels? Need something with a pool/hot tub? Do you know what area your going to? How many days you looking to go? How many people going with you? I have lots of places to share with you. A little more info would be helpful. The UP is a big place.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoden View Post
    What are you looking for...Cabins, Motels or Hotels? Need something with a pool/hot tub? Do you know what area your going to? How many days you looking to go? How many people going with you? I have lots of places to share with you. A little more info would be helpful. The UP is a big place.
    Just my wife and I are going . Would like to go February 11th through the 16th. No need for a pool or hot tub just restaurants and a bar would be nice. Never been there before so any area will work. Someone suggested the cherry wood in Wetmore. Just looking for more input from someone that has been there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    2014 Mxz Sport 600 Ace- wifes
    2015 Mxz TnT 900 Ace - mine

Just my wife and I are going . Would like to go February 11th through the 16th. No need for a pool or hot tub just restaurants and a bar would be nice. Never been there before so any area will work. Someone suggested the cherry wood in Wetmore. Just looking for more input from someone that has been there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    After reading your comment a little closer would it be better to be more in the center of the up to be able to ride a different direction each day ?
    2014 Mxz Sport 600 Ace- wifes
    2015 Mxz TnT 900 Ace - mine

Default Up

We stayed at Chamberlin's in Curtis. It is central enough to ride a different direction most days.
    Very nice and good restaurant/bar on property
    http://www.chamberlinsinn.com/
    Keep it Right

SwedenHillSnoCam

I have gone there a few times but I stay at a different place every night.
    Straights area snowmobile club is very helpful with knowledgeable members

Thanks.
    Wetmore would be a good place to start from, the Boarders Inn & Suites is a very nice place. There are many choices of places to stay on top in Wetmore, just make sure you Don't stay in Munising itself. I don't have knowledge of the Cherry Wood so can't help you there. From Wetmore you can ride East, West and South. West and South have loops that can be made, going East you have about 40 miles out before you can make any kind of loop but, looping the crazy 8's in the Grand Marais trail system is awesome. What our group does is move after a few days in one location, if it were me after 3 days I would migrate back towards the big mac. Allows you to ride more trail systems, someone mentioned the Straights area. Probably the best groomed trails in the UP. You can easily access there trails from Newberry (South) but going North is a must as well. I will help you with any questions you have, been riding the UP for 25 years. Back Packed from the Bridge to Copper Harbor and back. Know the trail system like the back of my hand.

I stayed at the cherry wood in wetmore. You ride straight out of there past the gas station and your on trail 8 in four minutes. Cherry wood has bar onsite 4.99 breakfast buffet every day and pool ect. Call and ask for chris she will set you up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast