Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New accommodations available this year in Barnes Corners

Default New accommodations available this year in Barnes Corners

Finally some good news to report regarding snowmobiling in Lewis County.

A new business called TUG HILL LODGING will have 4 new cabins for rent this season. They are in the midst of completing them but I have been assured they will be completed by snowmobiling season. The units are brand new and will accommodate 2 people very easily and an additional 2 if you pull out the sectional which every unit will have. I don't have all the details but each unit will have a bath and shower available and electric heat. They are very neat little units. There is also a main camp which come with the property. It has had electricity put in and it will accommodate 4 - 6 people...maybe more.

They are located on Corey Rd which is off CR 194 (the road to Copenhagen) and are on the BCSP's trail to Copenhagen. Groomer goes right by the front door!

You need to call Keith Scoville Manager at 315-767-3431 to make reservations or to answer any questions you may have. Try their web site at TugHillLodging@yahoo.com

GG

It’s good to see some positive news.

Any idea what rates might be?

Default Rates & Reservations

I have no idea of what rates will be. Suggest you call number listed

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by groomerguy View Post
    ... and electric heat.
    I hope it is a strong and durable heater.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ryder View Post
    I hope it is a strong and durable heater.
    The cabins shouldn’t be too difficult to heat as long as they are properly insulated. Electric heaters work well and require no maintenance.

My house is heated by electric (built in the 70s) and my woodstove. Electric isn't the cheapest way to heat, though its not awful (cheaper than propane). Plus, it is easy to regulate and completely maintenance free...other than replacing the unit within 30-50 years (most of mine are original).

My biggest complaint is not being able to have central AC.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

OC---Open all the windows and you'll have central A/C!! LOL Will say that is a BIG drawback of not having forced hot air heat. Window units are okay, albeit a PITA to take in/out.

Quote Originally Posted by OrwellianCamper View Post
    My house is heated by electric (built in the 70s) and my woodstove. Electric isn't the cheapest way to heat, though its not awful (cheaper than propane). Plus, it is easy to regulate and completely maintenance free...other than replacing the unit within 30-50 years (most of mine are original).

My biggest complaint is not being able to have central AC.
    Why not install a Mitsubishi system if you need ac?

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Why not install a Mitsubishi system if you need ac?
    The Mini Splits have come a long way and are an excellent choice for add on where duct work is not available or feasible.
    "Persistent Violator"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast