Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Redfield's Trails

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Harrisburg Pa
    Posts
    2,011

    Default

    Im sure the senators did say anything like this, ( You either open those trails or -------? will happen to you )
    Im confused, wait... maybe i'm not.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chenango County
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 800cc28 View Post
    I spoke directly to the landowner who told me that they decided to reopen their land to snowmobile use 3 weeks ago, but that it took some time to get with the club to be sure their good working relationship was still in-tact. And that a couple of club reps were in contact with Woodwise since the closure was announced, trying to work things out. Hopefully, as the landowner told me...this will be open well into the future. They do own properties all across Upstate that have snowmobile trails on, so this was a unique issue that caused them to close it down in the first place. Positive work with the Town, the club, the Tug Hill Commission, others, and the windmill company all helped here with the final press made by our elected officials to make it official.
    Funny , I saw no mention of the 5 letter association anywhere. But hey if you feel the need to pat yourself on the back , have at it.
    Last edited by crofty; 2 Days Ago at 07:00 PM.
    Stay right
    and slow down....

    You aren't that good that you can't wreck

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CNY
    Posts
    3,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crofty View Post
    Funny , I saw no mention of the 5 letter association anywhere. But hey if you feel the need to pat yourself on the back , have at it.
    Once again, speaking up without any idea of the situation Rick. That's becoming your calling card.
    NYSSA has not nor will not take any credit. The club dealt with their landowner issues, no matter who was involved. Great job by them for the area visitors, their trail system, and the neighboring clubs' as well.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

    Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crofty View Post
    Funny , I saw no mention of the 5 letter association anywhere. But hey if you feel the need to pat yourself on the back , have at it.
    Seems like you're once again going out of your way to throw NYSSA under the bus without any knowledge of what they and Jim in particular did or didn't do.
    So let me help you get informed.
    From day one NYSSA has been there to answer questions make calls, offer suggestions, attend meetings, send emails, help publicize the issue and anything else that was asked.
    NYSSA has no magic wand. They are not a government agency so they have no official power.
    The strength of NYSSA and of organized snowmobiling lies in the large network of people, contacts, information and experiences we all have and NYSSA is the common thread that can help pull it all together.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chenango County
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 600SDI View Post
    They are not a government agency so they have no official power.
    Thanks for your insight and input.
    You pretty much sum it up nicely.
    Stay right
    and slow down....

    You aren't that good that you can't wreck

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chenango County
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 800cc28 View Post
    Once again, speaking up without any idea of the situation Rick. That's becoming your calling card.
    NYSSA has not nor will not take any credit. The club dealt with their landowner issues, no matter who was involved. Great job by them for the area visitors, their trail system, and the neighboring clubs' as well.
    Jim I could give a rats azz what my "calling card" is. I don't have the need to justify anything I do . I'm just a peckerwood from a hick county that helps my club. Everything you do screams look what I did. Don't try coloring the picture a different color, because the dudes I hang with know your story. I'm happy that Redfield got their trails back but honestly.... I'd rather ride through Bice rd myself. Prove to me the system aint broke and maybe I'll take you seriously.
    Next
    Last edited by crofty; 2 Days Ago at 11:20 PM.
    Stay right
    and slow down....

    You aren't that good that you can't wreck

  7. #37

    Default Three cheers

    Three cheers because North trail has re-opened, great job by all players. Who cares if politician(s) claiming, (perceived), too much impact, just means these individuals in realize importance of aligning themselves with snowmobilers and support communities. Win-Win…. Government official believe something to be gained by supporting snowmobiling, prefect.. The System, whatever that maybe, has worked this time and helpfully will again if needed but, constant attacks of snowmobiling advocacy groups and individual serves no one. More unified the group, larger the credibility and easier the solution. So, hopefully same system can help with Little John forestry issue(s), area has an impact on current and future trail system.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CNY
    Posts
    3,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowGuy View Post
    Three cheers because North trail has re-opened, great job by all players. Who cares if politician(s) claiming, (perceived), too much impact, just means these individuals in realize importance of aligning themselves with snowmobilers and support communities. Win-Win…. Government official believe something to be gained by supporting snowmobiling, prefect.. The System, whatever that maybe, has worked this time and helpfully will again if needed but, constant attacks of snowmobiling advocacy groups and individual serves no one. More unified the group, larger the credibility and easier the solution. So, hopefully same system can help with Little John forestry issue(s), area has an impact on current and future trail system.
    On the bold...I understand that has been done. Should be made public soon. BUT...I won't add more or a certain few may try to portray it as I am claiming something here.
    Last edited by 800cc28; 16 Hours Ago at 11:33 AM.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

    Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Penfield, NY (home) / Orwell, NY (camp)
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crofty View Post
    Jim I could give a rats azz what my "calling card" is. I don't have the need to justify anything I do . I'm just a peckerwood from a hick county that helps my club. Everything you do screams look what I did. Don't try coloring the picture a different color, because the dudes I hang with know your story. I'm happy that Redfield got their trails back but honestly.... I'd rather ride through Bice rd myself. Prove to me the system aint broke and maybe I'll take you seriously.
    Next
    I don't see Jim taking credit for anything here...quite the opposite, actually.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •