Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Redfield's Trails

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    137

    Default Redfield's Trails

    Many BIG changes in Redfield's trails for this coming winter. Re-routes on south trail in fields behind Cheese Factory so use caution. As of now, trail to Cedar Pines/Osceloa off of Fox Road trail is closed (by stone wall). Will have to go thru 46 corners instead. Can still hope for the best for the north trail.

  2. #2

    Default Options at Ryan Road

    There are options at Ryan Road for a re-route however, getting trail in usable/safe shape will be a bit of work. Amount of work depends on the kindness of a couple of landowners... Fingers crossed it'll be done before the snow gets deep...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowGuy View Post
    Rumor has it, Woodwise has been gracious enough to give snowmobilers another chance.... Redfield's North trail to Jackson Rd and up to Little John/Salmon River Rd will apparently be open this season. Holy Crap!!! I hope people realize how fortunate we are to have a good neighbor like Woodwise and how important it is to tread lightly on all sled trail lands, (stay on the dam trail)..
    Why even spread that rumor unless you know that it’s 100% true? Woodwise is a good neighbor? If they really were a good neighbor they wouldn’t have used snowmobilers as pawns in their attempt to get a wind farm on their property. They really showed their true colors this fall.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nj we know you hate us, get over it :)
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Not even sure the north trail will be open. I haven't heard otherwise, as far as Ryan rd trail thru the gravel bed osceola knew nothing about it supposedly till I spoke to some one yesterday. There is also a planned reroute to ryan rd I spoke to one land owner already who spoke to a previous board member n gave them the ok to go thru their property Not sure status of the other 2 owners yet.

    I was asked to speak to my neighbor behind us about that trail that's already existing but want to make sure no one else has yet.

    The north trail deal wasnt about staying on the trails. It was a zoning/windmill issue. They are or were using the trail for leverage
    2006 Polaris fusion
    2012 Polaris rush

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CNY
    Posts
    3,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    Why even spread that rumor unless you know that it’s 100% true? Woodwise is a good neighbor? If they really were a good neighbor they wouldn’t have used snowmobilers as pawns in their attempt to get a wind farm on their property. They really showed their true colors this fall.
    Woodwise owns tracts of land all over NYS, many with snowmobile trails on them. Yes, this ordeal with the Refield trail was political in nature and unfortunate for the club as well as local businesses. But they are still landowners, and should be respected despite the decision they made back in July. Hopefully the rumor to reopen is true.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

    Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nj we know you hate us, get over it :)
    Posts
    707

    Default

    I agree with you ☝️
    2006 Polaris fusion
    2012 Polaris rush

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wayyy South Jersey or Tug Hill
    Posts
    5,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sledrider80 View Post
    Not even sure the north trail will be open. I haven't heard otherwise, as far as Ryan rd trail thru the gravel bed osceola knew nothing about it supposedly till I spoke to some one yesterday. There is also a planned reroute to ryan rd I spoke to one land owner already who spoke to a previous board member n gave them the ok to go thru their property Not sure status of the other 2 owners yet.

    I was asked to speak to my neighbor behind us about that trail that's already existing but want to make sure no one else has yet.

    The north trail deal wasnt about staying on the trails. It was a zoning/windmill issue. They are or were using the trail for leverage

    Is this still an issue with people riding off trail and "Highmarking" the gravel pit? There have been more than sufficient warnings, signs, fencing, etc. installed through the years that this should not be an issue!
    "Persistent Violator"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nj we know you hate us, get over it :)
    Posts
    707

    Default

    No that's another issue pertaining to the owner and an issue last year. Not sure how that will work out.
    2006 Polaris fusion
    2012 Polaris rush

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wayyy South Jersey or Tug Hill
    Posts
    5,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sledrider80 View Post
    No that's another issue pertaining to the owner and an issue last year. Not sure how that will work out.
    It is amazing that the issue with the gravel pit has been going on for 10 years or more now. I remember the gravel pit trail being closed down around Y2K. I had a buddy that had the first camp in on the opposite end.
    "Persistent Violator"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Slowguy---I'd be curious to see what you mean for a possible re-route for Ryan Road. Trail runs down Fox road then into woods/field to what/where the intersection would be by stone wall where you head towards Ryan Rd/steel deck bridge/Cedar Pines etc or Florence way. Don't think sleds are allowed to run road from the Rez bridge to Cedar Pines---and that's quite a ways of road IMO. So could you let us know where the possible route would be?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •