Thread: Trail signs

Default Trail signs

I have taken NYSSA trail signing class and in that class it show you need about a dozen stakes to sign a blind hill. But in the new parks signing book it say nothing about signing blind hills. So if trails are to be signed by park new signing guide what do we do just put a blind hill sign on each said of the hill?
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    I have taken NYSSA trail signing class and in that class it show you need about a dozen stakes to sign a blind hill. But in the new parks signing book it say nothing about signing blind hills. So if trails are to be signed by park new signing guide what do we do just put a blind hill sign on each said of the hill?
    Blind Hill in open fields scenarios are divided trails, right? Signed the same way as the book shows for divided trails, with 3 signs. Yes, it could have been clearer. What the book doesn't show is the signage prior to and after the divided trail point.

In the STEP classes, it shows the 3 sign stakes at the peak of the hill (3) and the double staking signs leading up to it in each direction (4). That's 7...not 12.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

remind me again how long we waited for this poor excuse of signing guidelines once again?
    Donít worry though they got new sleds to ride a few years ago so they got the important stuff done already.