Thread: Look itís Billy Fuccilo

^^^A big THANK YOU should go to ROYAL MOTORS and Joe Reagan (owner) for supporting NYS snowmobiling.
    ROYAL MOTORS will give a $500 discount on an auto purchase when you present a paid Super Raffle ticket stub.

Or should I have said "a HUUGGGEEE Thank You"?
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

Default Really?

Quote Originally Posted by 800cc28 View Post
    ^^^A big THANK YOU should go to ROYAL MOTORS and Joe Reagan (owner) for supporting NYS snowmobiling.
    ROYAL MOTORS will give a $500 discount on an auto purchase when you present a paid Super Raffle ticket stub.

Or should I have said "a HUUGGGEEE Thank You"?
    Have to laugh when I see promotions like this. Gee, I wonder at what point the Super Raffle $500 "deal" has to be presented to the dealer? Do you make your best deal on the car, sign the papers, and then when its time to write your final big check just subtract $500 from the bottom line and present the Super Raffle ticket as a $500 credit as opposed to ca$h? Kind of doubt that. More likely you have to tell them up front and then they come up with a price for the car that has that factored in - then they can take $500 off later! But you feel great because you look at the invoice and see a $500 credit. How does this really work? No such thing as a free lunch. I think $500 is probably about the amount of profit a dealer actually clears on a new car sale, they ain't gonna give that away are they? that would be like "we'll sell cars and make no profit for anyone who bought a $5 raffle ticket". Reminds me of the "free tv" when you buy a car. Dont people realize they just paid extra for their car, the price of the tv was incorporated into the car price - so you just paid for a car AND a tv instead of just a car! But heck you got a free tv that you dont want or need anyway because its a crappy no name brand 32" tv

It is good overall for snowmobiling I guess. Some free advertising for the Super Raffle and there are a certain group of people who will fall for it driving sales of raffle tickets. I'll give it that!
    Last edited by Polarizer; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarizer View Post
    Have to laugh when I see promotions like this. Gee, I wonder at what point the Super Raffle $500 "deal" has to be presented to the dealer? Do you make your best deal on the car, sign the papers, and then when its time to write your final big check just subtract $500 from the bottom line and present the Super Raffle ticket as a $500 credit as opposed to ca$h? Kind of doubt that. More likely you have to tell them up front and then they come up with a price for the car that has that factored in - then they can take $500 off later! But you feel great because you look at the invoice and see a $500 credit. How does this really work? No such thing as a free lunch. I think $500 is probably about the amount of profit a dealer actually clears on a new car sale, they ain't gonna give that away are they? that would be like "we'll sell cars and make no profit for anyone who bought a $15 raffle ticket". Reminds me of the "free tv" when you buy a car. Dont people realize they just paid extra for their car, the price of the tv was incorporated into the car price - so you just paid for a car AND a tv instead of just a car! But heck you got a free tv that you dont want or need anyway because its a crappy no name brand 32" tv

It is good overall for snowmobiling I guess. Some free advertising for the Super Raffle and there are a certain group of people who will fall for it driving sales of raffle tickets. I'll give it that!
    I donít think that there would be as many car dealers around if their profit was only $500. Dealers have advertising budgets and spend a lot of money on promotion. A promotion like this is free advertising for the dealer and it is an opportunity for them to expand their customer base. Itís good for the sport and I hope that it is good for the dealer too.

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    I donít think that there would be as many car dealers around if their profit was only $500. Dealers have advertising budgets and spend a lot of money on promotion. A promotion like this is free advertising for the dealer and it is an opportunity for them to expand their customer base. Itís good for the sport and I hope that it is good for the dealer too.
    Hold backs and giving people nothing for trades are what keeps many dealer in business. Some even get points of some sort from lending institutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Hold backs and giving people nothing for trades are what keeps many dealer in business. Some even get points of some sort from lending institutes.
    I believe the industry term is being ďCarbonedĒ. At least in the Utica area. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post

Yes, there are many ways they make money. They don't make much direct profit on the car; $500 is actually pretty good on a new sale. Lowball trades, and people who do not feel comfortable negotiating or don't know how are some ways, but they also pedal financing at the same rate your bank gives you, but they get the volume rate at .5% lower, or more. Some dealers gamble that they will meet a manufacturer to dealer incentive sales quota and front load deals with a $3000 push, pull or drag in deal for trades, or something like that. A salesman I trust once told me that is the dealer offering irresistible deals with their Bonus Buck $$
    to generate foot traffic at the dealer. They buy a short term insurance policy to cover them in the event their promotion comes up short.

Extended warranty are hefty profit generators with 100% markup not unusual. "It only increases your payment by $12!", they say....many go for it. Rustproofing, and all that crap are very profitable as well.

Used sales is where they make a killing on the vehicle itself.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.