Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Communicators

Default Communicators

We are looking at getting new communicators this year.
    Has anybody out there used them and what have you had good luck with??
    One other guy and myself had bought a couple Chatterbox's several years ago, they worked good when the batteries were good but we struggled keeping the batteries charged. They were also a little bulky compared to all the ones I'm seeing out there today.
    Thanks, looking forward to hearing everybody's reviews on these things to help me decide on what we purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by toolmaker View Post
    We are looking at getting new communicators this year.
    Has anybody out there used them and what have you had good luck with??
    One other guy and myself had bought a couple Chatterbox's several years ago, they worked good when the batteries were good but we struggled keeping the batteries charged. They were also a little bulky compared to all the ones I'm seeing out there today.
    Thanks, looking forward to hearing everybody's reviews on these things to help me decide on what we purchase.
    I use U-clear...No issues with battery life....you sync them up with people you ride with and then you push and hold one of the buttons to "break" into their helmet....push and hold the same button to break out of their helmet and your music turns back on.....the microphone is on the speakers.....You can take phone calls through it if you are connected to your cell phone....

I use it 90% of the time just to listen to music but it definitely comes in handy when someone has an issue, needs a pee break or whatever....

I am a satisfied customer, i believe it was about 130$....

We use chatterbox x1 and x2 slims they work great and last all day and night while out riding. We have a large group we ride with and they are great. We usually have 10 ppl or so with them. We were going to try collet and the owner herself said w the group we have it's not effective to switch and the range isn't as good on theirs. Our chatterboxes work far apart. We also had the Bluetooth ones but they suck bc if one of the linked ppl battery dies u lose everyone and the range isn't good
    2006 Polaris fusion
    2012 Polaris rush

sledrider80 said:
    13 Hours Ago
    We use chatterbox x1 and x2 slims they work great and last all day and night while out riding. We have a large group we ride with and they are great. We usually have 10 ppl or so with them. We were going to try collet and the owner herself said w the group we have it's not effective to switch and the range isn't as good on theirs. Our chatterboxes work far apart. We also had the Bluetooth ones but they suck bc if one of the linked ppl battery dies u lose everyone and the range isn't good

Do you have the wireless push to talk or the wired?? Iím wondering if the wireless is worth the extra $100 cost... how does the wired button work with sleds and gloves?

I use the SENA SMH-10. Very clear reception, but not too far of a distance. They just updated that version to the 20 model, which I hear is even better.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyz View Post
    sledrider80 said:
    13 Hours Ago

Do you have the wireless push to talk or the wired?? Iím wondering if the wireless is worth the extra $100 cost... how does the wired button work with sleds and gloves?
    We use the vox activated feature. It works good once you figure out where it has to be set to not have the sled set it off. It came w one of my communicators but really no where practical to mount it that it's not in the way. You may have to tweak the sensitivity sometimes but way easier then taking hands off the bars.
    2006 Polaris fusion
    2012 Polaris rush

My Chatterbox is the X1, I was happy how it performed, my buddy not so much... he may have got a bad one. My battery held up pretty decent... I also used the VOX feature on it and I thought it worked really well.
    I have been doing a lot of reading on the Sena S20's... It looks to be that they are the latest and greatest but I sure would like to hear from someone that has used them.

The biggest problem I have with the Chatterbox, it will not pair with any other brands or I would just keep it and let the rest of the guys get new communicators.

Our group has been using Collet communicateres for years,we have 8 of them linked together on are own channel and work very well,all of them are voice activated.
    I feel the need for speed

Proud member of Purple palace inn,Redfield,NewYork

Proud member of Redfield Sno-rec club

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaster04 View Post
    Our group has been using Collet communicateres for years,we have 8 of them linked together on are own channel and work very well,all of them are voice activated.
    I canít imagine how annoying it would be to have 8 people jabbering away in my ear for the whole day, but thatís just me.

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    I canít imagine how annoying it would be to have 8 people jabbering away in my ear for the whole day, but thatís just me.
    I have a Sena for the bike... Primarily use it for music as it has an FM tuner built in. When we are on a road trip I use it for turn by turn directions from the Garmin 595. Hearing people jabber all day would drive me nuts.
    "Persistent Violator"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast