Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Communicators

My wife don't ride, thank God, I hear enough of that stuff in the car...LOL!!! She hates the snow or anything to do with cold weather.

Last year I had to take her to Jamaica in February for a get away in the middle of winter, good thing it was a terrible year for snow, she might have had to go by herself...LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    I canít imagine how annoying it would be to have 8 people jabbering away in my ear for the whole day, but thatís just me.
    I agree... one of the best parts about riding is the lack of communication!

Ppl don't talk all day lol we only talk when need be instead of stopping at a major intersection or whatever the case may be.we use them for music n what not. But it's a good system to warn of incoming traffic. I lead 99 percent of the time and it gives everyone a heads up when there is traffic coming their way. I've almost been hit numerous times from ppl on the wrong side of the trail. If rather take the hit and give others the warning. Let the women go home safe every day.
    2006 Polaris fusion
    2012 Polaris rush

In my experience with the communicators, it was only my buddy and I and sometimes we were able to get some of the other guys to pair up but not too often. So we mostly had 2 guys on a frequency that could talk to each other and 2 on another and so on... everybody had different brands.

We didn't do much talking if any, we would let each other know of oncoming sleds, hazards, ect... hey, look to your left there's a huge buck over there!! I personally like having some music cranked while riding.

What I have read on the Sena 20s is it has an external mic that you can turn on so when you're stopped you can hear what everybody is saying.

Red face Have used Chatterbox FRS for years... with PTT controls, and onboard power!

Quote Originally Posted by toolmaker View Post
    We are looking at getting new communicators this year.
    Has anybody out there used them and what have you had good luck with??
    One other guy and myself had bought a couple Chatterbox's several years ago, they worked good when the batteries were good but we struggled keeping the batteries charged. They were also a little bulky compared to all the ones I'm seeing out there today.
    Thanks, looking forward to hearing everybody's reviews on these things to help me decide on what we purchase.
    I use FRS Chatterboxes, 2 channels, great range, we mount the Push to talk (PTT) buttons with velcro on the bars, or our jacket loops, you cab get batteries through Yorkville Battery on Commercial drive in New Hartford, but we have 12V accesory plugs on our Skidoos, and power them from the sled just like the heated helmets!
    we were rigged up and (for the first time for her riding in Webb) out with the Wife, she undercut a curve in heavy snow, and wound up in a ditch nearly on her side- (several yrs ago) For a second she panicked, then pressed the PTT, and calmly said- "How; I'm on my side...." I said, "be right back"
    I turned around; and by the time I did, several others had stopped, we pulled her upright, and continued our rides, it was a great day!
    CNY SnowTravelers, member, [I]STEP Advisor, STEP Instructor. http://www.facebook.com/pages/CNY-Sn...ers-Snowmobile Club/166401330044126 Stay ON the trails - keep Right,Between the signs!
    If you have something positive to say, say it.....
    If you have some productive skills- Use them...
    If you think it can be better, help improve it....
    If all you want to do is whine, complain, and criticize...... SHUT IT!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123