Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Groomer GPS

Default Groomer GPS

The GPS system will have on-board sensors to report pavement and air temperatures, and tell Thruway officials which sections of the 570-mile highway have been plowed. The units will be installed on all 235 heavy-duty plows by the end of the year, the release said.

The authority will spend $360,000 for the GPS system through a three-year contract with AT&T, said Thruway spokesman Jonathan Doughert
    Humm 235 gps units with all these fancy censors and only $360,000 for three years and our wizards in Albany think itís too expensive for groomers which by the way would pay for itself in the first year. Smfh

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Humm 235 gps units with all these fancy censors and only $360,000 for three years and our wizards in Albany think itís too expensive for groomers which by the way would pay for itself in the first year. Smfh
    It's all about allowing certain clubs/people to cheat the system...
    "Persistent Violator"

Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    it's all about allowing certain clubs/people to cheat the system...
    ^^^^^^ding , ding ,ding , ding ^^^^^^^^
    Stay right
    and slow down....

You aren't that good that you can't wreck

Default apples / oranges

Humm 235 gps units with all these fancy censors and only $360,000 for three years and our wizards in Albany think it’s too expensive for groomers which by the way would pay for itself in the first year. Smfh
    Let me see, the Thruway is 570 miles in one straight line completely covered by cell service. NYS snowmobile trails 10,000 miles of spaghetti with sketchy cell service. A couple of temperature sensors was fancy back in 1905, not so much now. Article doesnt mention cost of "back office operations" (data analysis on mainframe computer) just the cost of adding data collection part to the plows. 235 tightly managed plows on the Thruway and what ... 1000 haphazard grooming machines on NYS Trails (you tell me). GPS on groomers wouldnt pay for itself, it would be an additional hard cost. OPRHP doesn't have the personnel to monitor the data anyway. Etc etc.

Its easy to complain, making a convincing argument or designing & implementing a complex system is another animal.

I'm all for GPS monitoring of trail grooming ... via an App on any cell phone which would cost nothing.
    That a 10 year old kid could probably whip up in a weekend, for a science fair!
    Heck, I could almost do it with my Gaia GPS app
    Last edited by Polarizer; 1 Week Ago at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarizer View Post
    I'm all for GPS monitoring of trail grooming ...
    Yes , clearly you are. Tell me again how much you drive one.
    Stay right
    and slow down....

You aren't that good that you can't wreck

Quote Originally Posted by Polarizer View Post
    Let me see, the Thruway is 570 miles in one straight line completely covered by cell service. NYS snowmobile trails 10,000 miles of spaghetti with sketchy cell service. A couple of temperature sensors was fancy back in 1905, not so much now. Article doesnt mention cost of "back office operations" (data analysis on mainframe computer) just the cost of adding data collection part to the plows. 235 tightly managed plows on the Thruway and what ... 1000 haphazard grooming machines on NYS Trails (you tell me). GPS on groomers wouldnt pay for itself, it would be an additional hard cost. OPRHP doesn't have the personnel to monitor the data anyway. Etc etc.

Its easy to complain, making a convincing argument or designing & implementing a complex system is another animal.

I'm all for GPS monitoring of trail grooming ... via an App on any cell phone which would cost nothing.
    That a 10 year old kid could probably whip up in a weekend, for a science fair!
    Heck, I could almost do it with my Gaia GPS app
    If you knew half of what you think you know you wouldnít be so clueless.
    Whatís funny is thereís already a working system with gps and grooming logs but if you knew so much you would know that wouldnít you? And finally show me 1000 moving groomers in NYS thatís one for every ten miles bahahahaha.

And finally if you donít think gps would cover itself in fraudulent grooming claims you sir really should stop now as itís only going t get worse.

Iíd think someone as smart as you might actually catch on sometime but I guess when youíre always looking for ways to hold a better mousetrap the obvious isnít so obvious is it?

Default oh yeah only groomer drivers are cool

Quote Originally Posted by crofty View Post
    Yes , clearly you are. Tell me again how much you drive one.
    Never drove one, so what have does that have to do with the price of beans?
    Is this another "only groomer drivers are cool" sentiment?
    Groomer drivers are GREAT but also the people that work behind the scenes are the backbone of the state trail system too.
    Last edited by Polarizer; 1 Week Ago at 08:37 AM.

Default nothing new here

If you knew half of what you think you know you wouldn’t be so clueless.
    What’s funny is there’s already a working system with gps and grooming logs but if you knew so much you would know that wouldn’t you? And finally show me 1000 moving groomers in NYS that’s one for every ten miles bahahahaha.

And finally if you don’t think gps would cover itself in fraudulent grooming claims you sir really should stop now as it’s only going t get worse.

I’d think someone as smart as you might actually catch on sometime but I guess when you’re always looking for ways to hold a better mousetrap the obvious isn’t so obvious is it?
    No point in debating facts with a person like you who only spews and doesnt know how to listen or consider other ideas.
    You realize what you typed is fairly useless and irrelevant , right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA
    Last edited by Polarizer; 1 Week Ago at 08:46 AM.

The groomer I run had GPS in it last season Data compared to manual AG P was right on we did not spend any where near that.
    I support GPS in the groomer but it won't be my cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by 600 adventure View Post
    The groomer I run had GPS in it last season Data compared to manual AG P was right on we did not spend any where near that.
    I support GPS in the groomer but it won't be my cell phone.
    Easy now your calling out the expert above who slept ina groomer
    One night so he knows everything .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast