Thread: Open position at OPRHP

Question Well....????

It's been a week..... so who is it..???
    Tri-County Drift Hoppers
    Snowmobile Club
    Arcade, NY
    Wyoming County

Default very good question

I too am curious as to why they haven't released her name, perhaps after employing one director with zero snowmobile history or knowledge they are trying to do damage control first? I really don't know, what I do know is this will be the first ever female Director of the snowmobile program and a current person in the snowmobile program got royally screwed as he has more knowledge of the programs ins and outs than anyone else. but it's the state what do you expect? Cuomo has a huge initiative to employ more female leaders whether they know what they are doing or not.
    I would have to imagine NYSSA is well aware of her appointment. maybe they are struggling to deal with this as well. the only other thought is maybe they are enjoying some holiday time off and the official announcement will come with the New Year. on the positive side... could parks really get any worse?

Quote Originally Posted by clicksallot View Post
    I too am curious as to why they haven't released her name, perhaps after employing one director with zero snowmobile history or knowledge they are trying to do damage control first? I really don't know, what I do know is this will be the first ever female Director of the snowmobile program and a current person in the snowmobile program got royally screwed as he has more knowledge of the programs ins and outs than anyone else. but it's the state what do you expect? Cuomo has a huge initiative to employ more female leaders whether they know what they are doing or not.
    I would have to imagine NYSSA is well aware of her appointment. maybe they are struggling to deal with this as well. the only other thought is maybe they are enjoying some holiday time off and the official announcement will come with the New Year. on the positive side... could parks really get any worse?
    Did you bang your head!!?!?
    The person you speak who you think should have the position has no idea how to run this program effectively and he's been there forever. He's so worried about who is cheating the system that he has no idea the more he tries to stop it the easier it becomes to do it. Cometely unqualified..,.

That happened to me at Xerox ... a woman got the job I was in line for because "she was a woman & I wasn't" and she became my Boss. I gave her a chance to prove herself and she did. She worked her butt off, was smart, and ended up doing a great job! Whoever it is give that person a chance.

Saw Xerox install various "candidates" many many times over the years and NOT work out.
    Did it just to get the numbers. Total failure. I think that's part of the reason the company now swirling down the toilet.
    Last edited by Polarizer; 12-29-2017 at 09:32 AM.

NYSSA called last week to the Parks Deputy Commissioner regarding this rumor here, who told us that they HAVE NOT named a replacement yet but will within the first 2 weeks of the new year. Why would the association have a problem with a female Director anyhow? We have the first female NYSSA President right now.
    And many of us that deal with them feel that of the last 2 people in the Parks head seat, who neither were snowmobilers, this last one was definitely a step up. Sad to see him take a new position and have to work with someone completely new once again who may or may not be familiar with the snowmobile program. We shall see!
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

Default And parks have never lied to you in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by 800cc28 View Post
    NYSSA called last week to the Parks Deputy Commissioner regarding this rumor here, who told us that they HAVE NOT named a replacement yet but will within the first 2 weeks of the new year. Why would the association have a problem with a female Director anyhow? We have the first female NYSSA President right now.
    And many of us that deal with them feel that of the last 2 people in the Parks head seat, who neither were snowmobilers, this last one was definitely a step up. Sad to see him take a new position and have to work with someone completely new once again who may or may not be familiar with the snowmobile program. We shall see!
    LOL, they flat out lied to NYSSA. but you folks should be used to that. I bet if you call Jim or Bennett right now they will tell you there is a new Director heck maybe Jim will chime in on this forum (I'd bet he's reading this right now) . they might not be able to tell you her name but they too know they have someone new to train.
    I don't see any reason for anyone to have a problem with a female in the position, unless of course she's too busy getting her nails done to figure out the snowmobile program, after all she is a state employee rising up to fit the Peter principal.
    And the difference is the current NYSSA president is not only a woman, but she has more than enough experience and she understands what goes on in snowmobile land! Also, she was elected! that alone speaks volumes! so quit trying to make this sexist.

it'll be interesting to see if she has any clue whatsoever as to what a snowmobile is, let alone how to manage the program. in time we will see
    for the greater good of NY snowmobiling I hope she can handle it!

All Iíve got to say is Iíím glad we are getting rid of this incompetent director who was always eager to press the easy button.

Quote Originally Posted by 800cc28 View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem...married two of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    All Iíve got to say is Iíím glad we are getting rid of this incompetent director who was always eager to press the easy button.
    While no one will likely ever live up to your expectations, he was much better than the previous director.

Quote Originally Posted by 600SDI View Post
    While no one will likely ever live up to your expectations, he was much better than the previous director.
    So itís kinda like only getting one eye poked out instead of two in your eyes then?

Itís embarrassing how this state treats a cash cow with no intentions of making anything better. But I guess Iím in Minority in your eyes for actually wanting something to work correctly in your eyes?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast