Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally!

Default Finally!

http://www.timesunion.com/news/artic...n-12410589.php

I believe this lawsuit was filed in 2013. It was/is real BS and 3 judges prior to this ruled stop, start, needs to go to trial. THe trail was 30 March 2017. If this suit went the other way it would mean that I87 was built illegally also, I'm sure parts of it went through wild forest. Probably parts of Gore mountain trails also. Of course its probably too late to do anything this year, they did win in that they delayed it 3 years.

Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Yamacat1 View Post
    http://www.timesunion.com/news/artic...n-12410589.php

I believe this lawsuit was filed in 2013. It was/is real BS and 3 judges prior to this ruled stop, start, needs to go to trial. THe trail was 30 March 2017. If this suit went the other way it would mean that I87 was built illegally also, I'm sure parts of it went through wild forest. Probably parts of Gore mountain trails also. Of course its probably too late to do anything this year, they did win in that they delayed it 3 years.
    As minor as it seems ..... itís a HUGE step in
    Our favor

Quote Originally Posted by sgviper View Post
    As minor as it seems ..... itís a HUGE step in
    Our favor
    Not minor at all for riders in the Adirondacks. This suit had stopped a trail from Minerva to Newcomb. When complete that trail will connect Lake George, Warrensburg, Brant Lake, Schroon Lake, Ticonderoga and others to the rest of the state. From Newcomb you go to Long Lake and almost anywhere from there. If it was me I would have equipment lined up to build the trail now before Protect appeals or tries some other stunt. Actually this suit had stopped all new or rerouted trail work by DEC in the Adironadacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamacat1 View Post
    Not minor at all for riders in the Adirondacks. This suit had stopped a trail from Minerva to Newcomb. When complete that trail will connect Lake George, Warrensburg, Brant Lake, Schroon Lake, Ticonderoga and others to the rest of the state. From Newcomb you go to Long Lake and almost anywhere from there. If it was me I would have equipment lined up to build the trail now before Protect appeals or tries some other stunt. Actually this suit had stopped all new or rerouted trail work by DEC in the Adironadacks.
    Correct me if Iím wrong but isnít there no legal connection between Hague and TI, north and south warrens, north warren and schooner Lake? How does yhisntrail tie into those mentioned?

Default see the forest for the tree's

This is BIG.
    Sets case law defining Article 14 of NYS Constitution further?
    Certainly will be appealed ... ?
    Can trail building proceed under appeal?

This is HUGE and GOOD !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Correct me if Iím wrong but isnít there no legal connection between Hague and TI, north and south warrens, north warren and schooner Lake? How does yhisntrail tie into those mentioned?
    No need to get all factual now Roady... let the live in the moment and bask in the perceived victory... the truth will come crashing in soon enough.
    "Persistent Violator"

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    My bad on the North Warren South Warren connection, must have gotten excited about the news. No there is no legal connection, despite what was written in a recent American Snowmobiler magazine. The clubs were close a couple years ago but I was told DEC stepped in and said they had a plan so the clubs backed off. Now I'm told by DEC maybe another 3 years, DEC said they are concentrating on the Boreas and this Minerva/Newcomb trail. The Minerva trail will happen, I'm told there's 4 miles to go, the Boreas thing not in my lifetime. There has been a legal connection between North Warren and Schroon for several years and it's pretty heavily used when snow is decent. Not sure about Hague/Ticonderoga. There has been a trail from Schroon to Minerva for quite a while, this is big for us in Schroon and anyone coming from North Warren or Ticonderoga/Moriah as we can now get to Indain Lake, Long Lake and the rest of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    No need to get all factual now Roady... let the live in the moment and bask in the perceived victory... the truth will come crashing in soon enough.
    This is really good news but....... At least from my experience when DEC gets involved in building trails there is little to no communication with local clubs or Parks. The trail will be there, now who maintains it? Do the local clubs have the people of equipment to do it? Are are trails even funded? Right now Minerva has no funded trails, but they do have some decent trails. Don't know why. Newcomb has 6 miles funded. Don't know their situation to tell if they could do this new trail.

How about the Thurman Connection? They have a legal connection with speculator and refuse to make it passable for the average rider despite many complaints to OPRHP and NYSSA. Funny how when push comes to shove the heroís of the sport seem to disappear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast