Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    How about the Thurman Connection? They have a legal connection with speculator and refuse to make it passable for the average rider despite many complaints to OPRHP and NYSSA. Funny how when push comes to shove the hero’s of the sport seem to disappear.
    We tried that route years ago, what a mess we ended up turning around. Hoping to do a Lake George to Star Lake loop and have been hoping something could be fixed to finally do it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    How about the Thurman Connection? They have a legal connection with speculator and refuse to make it passable for the average rider despite many complaints to OPRHP and NYSSA. Funny how when push comes to shove the hero’s of the sport seem to disappear.
    Is the Thurman Connection also referred to as the "snakebite" trail between the end of the Inlet system and Indian Lake? If so, I have never been on it because I hear it is 18 miles of hell and no other way back.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by OrwellianCamper View Post
    Is the Thurman Connection also referred to as the "snakebite" trail between the end of the Inlet system and Indian Lake? If so, I have never been on it because I hear it is 18 miles of hell and no other way back.
    The trail from Inlet to Indian lake has been okay every time I have been on it.

I don't think that's it. Thurman was/is a connection from Lake George to Speculator. Part of the issue came when they closed the RR bed to sleds, there was more to it though. I think the trail you are referring to is the one built by DEC with volunteers from south of Inlet. Never been there, probably won't go. 800cc knows more about it, he was involved.

That trail you speak of is 100 times better than the Oregon Trail between Griffin Gorge and Thurman. At least they cut the trees out of the way and groom it occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamacat1 View Post
    I don't think that's it. Thurman was/is a connection from Lake George to Speculator. Part of the issue came when they closed the RR bed to sleds, there was more to it though. I think the trail you are referring to is the one built by DEC with volunteers from south of Inlet. Never been there, probably won't go. 800cc knows more about it, he was involved.
    You're right it's the trail from Thurman to Speculator. Thurman gets paid for most of it and does nothing to it. Instead once you get to the Dog and Pup hunting lodge they have their own private little trail system funded by registration dollars that they groom and have open. It was rumored that "Doug" set out a few years ago to cut the trees and open the trail up but no one has heard from him since. This picture is from a couple years ago when we made it thru to the lodge.

Name:  trees.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  22.8 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12