Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Finally!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    How about the Thurman Connection? They have a legal connection with speculator and refuse to make it passable for the average rider despite many complaints to OPRHP and NYSSA. Funny how when push comes to shove the heroís of the sport seem to disappear.
    We tried that route years ago, what a mess we ended up turning around. Hoping to do a Lake George to Star Lake loop and have been hoping something could be fixed to finally do it at some point.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Penfield, NY (home) / Orwell, NY (camp)
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    How about the Thurman Connection? They have a legal connection with speculator and refuse to make it passable for the average rider despite many complaints to OPRHP and NYSSA. Funny how when push comes to shove the heroís of the sport seem to disappear.
    Is the Thurman Connection also referred to as the "snakebite" trail between the end of the Inlet system and Indian Lake? If so, I have never been on it because I hear it is 18 miles of hell and no other way back.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrwellianCamper View Post
    Is the Thurman Connection also referred to as the "snakebite" trail between the end of the Inlet system and Indian Lake? If so, I have never been on it because I hear it is 18 miles of hell and no other way back.
    The trail from Inlet to Indian lake has been okay every time I have been on it.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrwellianCamper View Post
    Is the Thurman Connection also referred to as the "snakebite" trail between the end of the Inlet system and Indian Lake? If so, I have never been on it because I hear it is 18 miles of hell and no other way back.
    I don't think that's it. Thurman was/is a connection from Lake George to Speculator. Part of the issue came when they closed the RR bed to sleds, there was more to it though. I think the trail you are referring to is the one built by DEC with volunteers from south of Inlet. Never been there, probably won't go. 800cc knows more about it, he was involved.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrwellianCamper View Post
    Is the Thurman Connection also referred to as the "snakebite" trail between the end of the Inlet system and Indian Lake? If so, I have never been on it because I hear it is 18 miles of hell and no other way back.
    That trail you speak of is 100 times better than the Oregon Trail between Griffin Gorge and Thurman. At least they cut the trees out of the way and groom it occasionally.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamacat1 View Post
    I don't think that's it. Thurman was/is a connection from Lake George to Speculator. Part of the issue came when they closed the RR bed to sleds, there was more to it though. I think the trail you are referring to is the one built by DEC with volunteers from south of Inlet. Never been there, probably won't go. 800cc knows more about it, he was involved.
    You're right it's the trail from Thurman to Speculator. Thurman gets paid for most of it and does nothing to it. Instead once you get to the Dog and Pup hunting lodge they have their own private little trail system funded by registration dollars that they groom and have open. It was rumored that "Doug" set out a few years ago to cut the trees and open the trail up but no one has heard from him since. This picture is from a couple years ago when we made it thru to the lodge.




    Name:  trees.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  22.8 KB

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,521

    Default Capital Tonight

    If anybody knows what Capital Tonight is ....

    Dom Jacangelo is Liz Benjamin's guest tonight on Capital Tonight
    to discuss the lawsuit settlement and snowmachining in the ADK's

    if anybody knows who Dom is

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,007

    Default

    Yeah heís the guy who threatened if he did get his raise he was going to work for the other side.
    Heís a great guy isnít he?
    The same guy who said when he was hired he didnít need insurance because heís a retired state employee and town supervisor. Now he gets a $6800 stipend.
    Heís a great guy for NYSSA!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Jordan,Boylston New York
    Posts
    802

    Default Say it ain't so

    Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Yeah heís the guy who threatened if he did get his raise he was going to work for the other side.
    Heís a great guy isnít he?
    The same guy who said when he was hired he didnít need insurance because heís a retired state employee and town supervisor. Now he gets a $6800 stipend.
    Heís a great guy for NYSSA!
    Not another stipend sucker! Man this state.... Definitely not someone I want representing me.
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •