Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redfield Trail Reports

1. Default Redfield Trail Reports

This thread will be for the club to pass on information and trail reports. You can also find reports on our Facebook page and our webpage.

Hello there. Have you joined our club yet? If so THANK YOU. If not please do so at https://membership.nysnowmobiler.com/clubs/820
    Please ride safe and RESPECT THE LANDOWNERS without them we wouldnt have a trail system. Thanks

2. Default 12/16/17

We have been out all week packing and grooming. We are still trying to build a nice base. There is still some water spots.
    We do have logging on C5 just north of Harvester Mill Rd the trail maybe plowed off and there maybe equipment on the trail. Please use CAUTION.
    We will be grooming throughout the weekend.
    Enjoy and be safe.

3. Default 12/17/17

THIN ICE
    STAY OFF THE SALAMON RIVER RESERVOIR IT IS NOT SAFE.
    Reports to the club are that someone went through the ice yesterday. The person is ok. Please DON'T go on the ice it's just not worth it.

BUMP IN THE TRAIL. We had a rough night last night as one of our groomers broke down and the other had to go help him. As a result trails were not fully groomed. We will do our best to get things back in shape with one groomer. We are waiting on parts for the broke groomer hopefully they come in before the weekend. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I've been riding up here for 20 years and it's always the same thing with Redfield. Maybe have another club groom I don't know you have beautiful trails that are never groomed. I know more money would be spent in your area if the trails would be groomed. Everybody else seems to pull it together. Maybe a time for the change of a torch just saying my back can't handle Redfield anymore.

I have to completely disagree with this. Redfield does a fantastic job. Little John can get rough but the traffic it receives is incredible. Ohara Rd, C7 to Florence, and their portion of the south reservoir trail are almost always very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by campsnowridge View Post
    I've been riding up here for 20 years and it's always the same thing with Redfield. Maybe have another club groom I don't know you have beautiful trails that are never groomed. I know more money would be spent in your area if the trails would be groomed. Everybody else seems to pull it together. Maybe a time for the change of a torch just saying my back can't handle Redfield anymore.
    Instead of B******, how about lending a hand. Have you over the past 20 years? Have you ever had a vehicle break down while away from home? All clubs are like any other organization. Hundred's of members, but just a handful to do any work (mark trails, mechanic/groomer operators). Everyone wants to go 60+ mph on tabletop smooth trails. How about you plop yourself in a groomer for 8-10 hours a night doing 6 mph. Doesn't help any when you have yahoos rutting it all up after it's groomed. Better yet campsnowridge, why don't you cough up a couple hundred grand for a new groomer and drag and you can groom all night every night as most groomer operators are VOLUNTEERS who work day jobs and then around and groom on very little sleep. Bet your the same type of person who would complain about truck drivers getting into accidents (which BTW are caused 85% of the time by regular car drivers on little sleep, texting, laptops, etc) and at same time B*** that items were not in the store for you or your family to buy. You want smooth trails? Be part of the solution. NOT the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
    Instead of B******, how about lending a hand. Have you over the past 20 years? Have you ever had a vehicle break down while away from home? All clubs are like any other organization. Hundred's of members, but just a handful to do any work (mark trails, mechanic/groomer operators). Everyone wants to go 60+ mph on tabletop smooth trails. How about you plop yourself in a groomer for 8-10 hours a night doing 6 mph. Doesn't help any when you have yahoos rutting it all up after it's groomed. Better yet campsnowridge, why don't you cough up a couple hundred grand for a new groomer and drag and you can groom all night every night as most groomer operators are VOLUNTEERS who work day jobs and then around and groom on very little sleep. Bet your the same type of person who would complain about truck drivers getting into accidents (which BTW are caused 85% of the time by regular car drivers on little sleep, texting, laptops, etc) and at same time B*** that items were not in the store for you or your family to buy. You want smooth trails? Be part of the solution. NOT the problem.
    This doesn’t really seem like a redfield trail report. The arguing should be in the regular threads, not the sticky threads.

orangeF7,

I agree with your statement. However, the post that set me off on my rant was indeed about grooming and how one person (with ONLY 4 posts in 3 years) goes off on Redfield yet does not offer to assist w/ Redfield club other than to say that another club should take over their trails etc.When a club has problems (Redfield, BCSP) like this year, other clubs are stepping in/up to help. Not everything is going to be perfect----especially this time of year. All I'm saying is that if you want to complain about a club's trails, why not become a member and try to offer assistance in some form or fashion. I personally cannot groom trails due to my full time job. I have aided in other forms of work though with a few clubs and can attest to the amount of work/dedication by just a few members out of MANY, who actually show up/commit the time and effort to work on trails, equipment, behinds the scenes and all. Given the amount of snow that falls from I-81 to Rte 12 (East-West) and Rte177 to Rte 69 (North-South), every club gets taxed to the limits trying to keep things up and running for out of towners. All clubs don't have deep pockets to buy new every year unlike sledders who can buy new trucks/sleds/trailers yet complain about trail conditions.

If I have PO'd some with my points----I'm not sorry and the moderators can move to reg board. As for the clubs and equipment issues, even with the best laid plans, things still go a-rye---keep up the good work.

Club trail report threads are for communicating their trail conditions only.....take your discussions to another thread
    Winona Forest Snowmobile Club
    Pulaski Boylston Snowmobile Club
    Redfield Snowmobile Club

10. Default Sorry

Hello all. Sorry for the rough trails this week. Here is the situation. This is not an excuse, just how we ended up where we are. Please be patient, we will get things back and in shape.
    1. We are down a groomer still, at this point we are waiting on some parts that had to be made by the manufacturer. Good news is they should be shipping from Oregon any day. We should have it up and moving by late next week fingers crossed.
    2. We were only able to hit half our system on Saturday night due to the break down. Instead of grooming on Sunday 3 guys we had decided to start working on the broken groomer with hopes we could find someone to groom on Monday or Tuesday. We felt it was important to start the work on the broken groomer in order for us to obtain the parts needed to fix it.
    3. We are currently running thin on groomer operators especially during the holidays. We are looking for new groomer operators so if you have experience or are willing to dedicate may hours of training PLEASE reach out to us.
    We groomed yesterday and last night and got most of the system. It still needs some work. We will be out tonight, tomorrow day, and tomorrow with little to n't break. We hope to get things back in shape.
    We'd like to wish everyone a happy and healthy holiday season and New Year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast