Thread: Dec. 15 Diamond Pond look

Default Dec. 15 Diamond Pond look

We arive about 5 P.M. Snow all the way up from Mass. Areal wintry look. Its been quite a few years from a look like this and 15 degree below normal temps. Diamond Pond most snow 15 inches and TRAILS are open. A quick snow blower run from the car to camp and in 10 min.near 70 inside. House still (no takers) but one of thee best snowmobile spots and how I wish I could turn back the clock. Saturday at noon was clear at about 6.30 this A.M. and now clouds and Diamond Pond flurries more than a inch since dawn and with squalls sun can be out and heavy snow 10 min. later. Congrats to the SDR club most of the local trails from the warming hut are open! Even PRR wouln't be open till next week. Often conditions for first days,before Christmas, are only passable at best but significant early snows and below zero cold has first opening weekend the best start here in quite a few seasons. Will run down to the Diamond peaks store and register a few sleds. The ponds are frozen but not for safe rideing yet. For now, any one with the new sled itch-SDR trails and next Thursday PRR. I bet many other locations will follow suit! Lets hope this weather pattern continues and if so will be the best start in many years. Time to snow blow into my garage and shovel out my for sale sign. I will update and new info.

Default Sunday staying up for the game--

As so often happens snow almost never stops In Dec. thru Mid Jan.Yesterday I thought it looked like about 15 inches on my snowmobile trailer but really closer to 20. Most of the ground however is closer to 12-15 inches. A few sleds out yesterday but few actually hit the trails till right after Christmas. It sure looks pretty like it will almost the next 5 months! A big game today so go Pats!!