Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Modified Exhaust Tickets

Default Modified Exhaust Tickets

When will Law Enforcement begin to enforce the modified exhausts that continue to give the sport a black eye and close trails?

You don't need a noise meeter to tell if a sled has a can or pipe and its past due that this issue gets better enforced. I see brand new sleds not even broken in yet running cans so dumb asses can say "hey look at me, braap braap"!!

Speed is rarely enforced and DWI is not enforced unless there is a accident two other seperate issues to address!! How can we improve the sport when we have little to NO support from state/local jurisdictions we pay hefty registration fees for to keep the sport safe?

Is it legal/possible to start our own Private Enforcement Agency to get a better handle on the sport? Snap a picture/video of their registration and send it to local police to investigate and then to warn the owner of their actions via phone/mail, two warnings get a fine, three warnings get a registration suspension, riding on suspended registration gets larger fines... There has to be a way of getting a handle on the disrespect that has become of this sport?
    Work hard, play hard!

I would suggest repeated calls to complain about sound enforcement to the law enforcement agencies that patrol the area. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If they hear about it enough they will respond. Be careful what you wish for though, an excessive law enforcement presence can take the fun out of riding. Itís not fun getting stopped a half a dozen times a day.

Angry

I will put up with half a dozen stops a day if it means less of this:

Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh brother, someone call the waaaaaambulance....... take a picture of my sled, I dare you, I hope your cloud is up to date. Wtf people mind your own business. Oh the social media police, great idea, idiot.

Default Zero tolerance

ZERO tolerance in Gatineau, Quebec area.
    From FB December 30, 2017 at 5:51pm.
    Federation patrol officiers are on the trails in Gatineau and Perkins. Satuday, they have issued 2 tickets for modified exhausts on snowmobiles. This year, itís ZERO tolerance. Ticket is $275 plus charges.

https://www.facebook.com/Association...UWA-fc&fref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/Association...type=3&theater

I've been looking for a copy of the law and new fines, so my comment might be covered or be somewhat ignorant,

But I would like to see for two (2) seasons, that the Law Enforcement Agency that writes the Loud Exhaust ticket get half of the money from said ticket (I would even go along with 100% for two seasons), yes I am saying make it a revenue generator for them

I normally take the route of more freedom, with less intrusion, but in this case by not enforcing it rigorously, it is resulting in less freedom.

I would think after two seasons of heavy handed enforcement with the above reimbursement of revenue, it would accomplish what is needed

But on the other hand if its not enforced I'll have a lot more time because of lack of trails to sign and groom, along with less paperwork in Phase I, II, & III, because, at least personally, I am getting tired of noise related landowner issues and re-routes so maybe losing trails might be a blessing and I can just get an Old Forge Pass and trailer there......
    E Pluribus Unum means NO Hyphenated Americans
    Semper-Fi
    The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting, but everything to do with Liberty
    www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com
    www.squarevalley.org

Quote Originally Posted by YAM182 View Post
    ZERO tolerance in Gatineau, Quebec area.
    From FB December 30, 2017 at 5:51pm.
    Federation patrol officiers are on the trails in Gatineau and Perkins. Satuday, they have issued 2 tickets for modified exhausts on snowmobiles. This year, itís ZERO tolerance. Ticket is $275 plus charges.

https://www.facebook.com/Association...UWA-fc&fref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/Association...type=3&theater

I agree with you and we should also have Zero tolerance for loud exhaust! I would raise the fine to 500 for the first time and second time the sled gets impounded!

Quote Originally Posted by RENEGADE13 View Post
    Oh brother, someone call the waaaaaambulance....... take a picture of my sled, I dare you, I hope your cloud is up to date. Wtf people mind your own business. Oh the social media police, great idea, idiot.
    Are you kidding DIP SHI T ?????
    Im confused, wait... maybe i'm not.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ATCCarl View Post
    but in this case by not enforcing it rigorously, it is resulting in less freedom.
    That is right. More loud sleds = less trails for everyone.

Funny how some of these morons with loud sleds can't even keep up with an old man on a 800 ETEC with a stock exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris4life View Post
    I agree with you and we should also have Zero tolerance for loud exhaust! I would raise the fine to 500 for the first time and second time the sled gets impounded!
    Call the police, Tell them they either start arresting people or we will start patrols and we will be armed, See what they say.
    Im confused, wait... maybe i'm not.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast