Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Modified Exhaust Tickets

You may be surprised at how many riders carry weapons.
    Or have them in motel rooms.

http://nysnowmobiler.com/safety/nys-...-17-equipment/

On or after November first, two thousand thirteen, a person shall not operate a snowmobile unless the snowmobile is equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation from which noise emission does not exceed either seventy-eight decibels at fifty feet at full throttle, as measured using a generally accepted test for a snowmobile manufactured after July first, nineteen hundred seventy-seven and sold or offered for sale in this state, or eighty-eight decibels, as measured at four meters from an inline position from the exhaust and four thousand rpm using a generally accepted test for using a stationary snowmobile manufactured after July first, nineteen hundred eighty and sold or offered for sale in this state. Should the federal government adopt snowmobile noise level standards different from those contained in this paragraph and require that the state conform thereto, the commissioner shall be authorized to adopt rules and regulations superseding the noise level requirements of this paragraph to achieve compliance with federal standards. No snowmobile shall be modified by any person in any manner that shall amplify or otherwise increase total noise emission to a level greater than that emitted by the snowmobile as originally constructed, regardless of date of manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by TODDLB View Post
    Call the police, Tell them they either start arresting people or we will start patrols and we will be armed, See what they say.
    Wow you got balls or no brains(you will be armed).Tell some wacko you are packing and so is he too. Now I hope your ready for a shot out.

Quote Originally Posted by smasher8383 View Post
    Wow you got balls or no brains(you will be armed).Tell some wacko you are packing and so is he too. Now I hope your ready for a shot out.
    Read again, I said tell the police and see what they say or do? Your right I dont have any brains because im dame bramaged
    Im confused, wait... maybe i'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by TODDLB View Post
    Read again, I said tell the police and see what they say or do? Your right I dont have any brains because im dame bramaged
    if they can't follow the rules they should stay home.
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Quote Originally Posted by old jerry View Post
    if they can't follow the rules they should stay home.
    Then a bunch of us on here should do a phone blitz to the leo 's Make the fine $500 and no warnings. the fines should pay for the extra patrols.
    And if they say they dont have money for sleds, maybe some people could donate older sleds for the police to use.
    Im confused, wait... maybe i'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by RENEGADE13 View Post
    Oh brother, someone call the waaaaaambulance....... take a picture of my sled, I dare you, I hope your cloud is up to date. Wtf people mind your own business. Oh the social media police, great idea, idiot.
    It's EVERY riders business to put abusers in the enforcement radar. Getting abusers off the trails should be the #1 concern for other riders as well as enforcement agencies.

Illegal Exhaust, Speeding, Drinking and Failure to Stay on Trail are all abuses of the system.
    "Persistent Violator"

Getting law enforcement involved will never happen. They serve and protect everyone in the community. They will never focus on snowmobile issues as it is a small percentage of the community it affects.

If you want things to change, then it needs to start with NYSSA and clubs. A lot of clubs have on the trail meet and greets with memebership drives etc. Why can’t they setup a ‘checkpoint’ at these events and as sleds come thru explain if they were law enforcement the fine would be $x amount and the exhausts/riding off trails get them closed. Etc.

If all the clubs coordinated and did this the same day on a busy weekend (MLK, Presidents’ Day), maybe it would get some folks thinking if they went thru 2 or 3 on the same day.

The law has a good foundation but that's it. For one they need a decibel tool, which I have never seen them use. The law enforcement is not trained in the ability to distinguish a stock muffler from a after market muffler by looking at it.
    Now ...if they do give a ticket to a idiot with a can do you think he pays the ticket? There is no link between your driver's license and snowmobileing. So there will be no bench warrant for this. Imagine the rider is from another state..heck another county.. Do you think the Patty wagon gets sent out to collect the misfit's? ..
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

Quote Originally Posted by Boylston rider View Post
    ..... The law enforcement is not trained in the ability to distinguish a stock muffler from a after market muffler by looking at it....
    Is an aftermarket muffler illegal?
    Why train that skill?

Quote Originally Posted by Boylston rider View Post
    The law has a good foundation but that's it. For one they need a decibel tool, which I have never seen them use. The law enforcement is not trained in the ability to distinguish a stock muffler from a after market muffler by looking at it.
    Now ...if they do give a ticket to a idiot with a can do you think he pays the ticket? There is no link between your driver's license and snowmobileing. So there will be no bench warrant for this. Imagine the rider is from another state..heck another county.. Do you think the Patty wagon gets sent out to collect the misfit's? ..
    Your license can be suspended for not paying a registration ticket. VTL 2222-1

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast