Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Modified Exhaust Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Ditch_banger View Post
    Getting law enforcement involved will never happen. They serve and protect everyone in the community. They will never focus on snowmobile issues as it is a small percentage of the community it affects.

If you want things to change, then it needs to start with NYSSA and clubs. A lot of clubs have on the trail meet and greets with memebership drives etc. Why canít they setup a Ďcheckpointí at these events and as sleds come thru explain if they were law enforcement the fine would be $x amount and the exhausts/riding off trails get them closed. Etc.

If all the clubs coordinated and did this the same day on a busy weekend (MLK, Presidentsí Day), maybe it would get some folks thinking if they went thru 2 or 3 on the same day.
    Law enforcement will get involved if enough people complain about the problem.

Default Dang Banger

Quote Originally Posted by Ditch_banger View Post
    Getting law enforcement involved will never happen. They serve and protect everyone in the community. They will never focus on snowmobile issues as it is a small percentage of the community it affects.

If you want things to change, then it needs to start with NYSSA and clubs. A lot of clubs have on the trail meet and greets with memebership drives etc. Why can’t they setup a ‘checkpoint’ at these events and as sleds come thru explain if they were law enforcement the fine would be $x amount and the exhausts/riding off trails get them closed. Etc.

If all the clubs coordinated and did this the same day on a busy weekend (MLK, Presidents’ Day), maybe it would get some folks thinking if they went thru 2 or 3 on the same day.
    Duh ... they are already involved. Not enough though
    Oh yeah club volunteers should solve this as if not busy enough.

It all boils down to Personal Responsibility

Default Altered exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarizer View Post
    Is an aftermarket muffler illegal?
    Why train that skill?
    I'll correct my verbage.. After market muffler is illegal for trail use .. If a officer knows what a after market muffler looks like then it sure as hell makes it real easy to say it's a altered exhaust
    Last edited by Boylston rider; 01-02-2018 at 07:33 PM.
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

Default Maybe so

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    Your license can be suspended for not paying a registration ticket. VTL 2222-1
    I was just posting the way it was explained to me , by a creditable person..
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

LEO doesn't need sleds to enforce loud sled. I have a camp on trail in turin and would raise THOUSANDS of $$ with tickets from cans. Its ridiculous. Rode Wed-Fri last week, Wednesday around hill which was packed with throttle jockeys with cans riding like ****** BAGS, to riding toward White Lake/Booneville. Families out, old sleds, NO TJ's! So much nicer.

New Law should be all new sleds for sale in NY to have Exhaust Components clearly marked with OEM Name. At date of Law enactment, no aftermarket exhaust allowed, only OEM. No decibel meter needed, all visual.
    CHENANGO SNO RIDERS
    BC SNORIDERS

The Solution is simple really. Law that if you have a can (not sure about pipes) sled is impounded on spot, towed with fine. This would solve the problem in days. You will support local tow truck companies, add money to the town and the issue is gone. Why isn't that happening? Same goes for off trail riding-although a bit harder to enforce-trail cams in popular areas? If we don't take desperate measures, the sport is done. I'm 43 and years are limited but my son loves riding and would like him to be able to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Boylston rider View Post
    I was just posting the way it was explained to me , by a creditable person..
    Iíve sent peopleís licenses in for suspension when they havenít appeared in court or when they havenít paid their fine for a registration ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by PROR View Post
    LEO doesn't need sleds to enforce loud sled. I have a camp on trail in turin and would raise THOUSANDS of $$ with tickets from cans. Its ridiculous. Rode Wed-Fri last week, Wednesday around hill which was packed with throttle jockeys with cans riding like ****** BAGS, to riding toward White Lake/Booneville. Families out, old sleds, NO TJ's! So much nicer.
    Why dont you call the leo's and invite them to come to your place so they can see what is going on. You could cook for them, burgers, dogs etc.
    Im confused, wait... maybe i'm not.

I might do just that. In every group there is at least one with a can. Id be willing to give up a day of riding for that.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast