Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Over already?

Quote Originally Posted by cummins359 View Post
    Pa use to get tons of snow I been riding for over 20 years. Never had to go out of the state to ride could easily put on 1000 miles a year. As the years go on the snow gets less and less in pa.
    yup and gas used to be under a dollar a gallon too
    but times have changed
    if you want to ride, and not sit home and watch winter roll by , you have to tow to the snow, its just the way of the world these days
    when I started riding in PA< , I didn;t have to go far to find snow, it was normal for winter to have snow near me, I also didn't travel as much to go any where
    but by the 90's I was also towing sleds to NY to find snow or snow sooner than here in PA< or just a longer season
    towing to find snow is NOT anything new
    I also used to tow to Maine in the later 90's too, just to be able again to ride more
    if you can drop 10+k on a new sled, you should be able to swing traveling to ride it, if you DON"T have snow at home
    if not, you should maybe be re thinking the investing in a sport your ONLY loosing money and NOT getting any use out of your purchase that is loosing value from time going by , NO miles or not, its loosing money !
    snowmobiling is NOT a cheap sport by any means nor a real practical one either IMO
    its a great sport and super fun when you have snow close by, but these days , unless your in a lake effect area, its a TOW to ride game more than not for 90% of riders these days!!

Very true. It use to be a family sport also but they took that away to. Buy upping the price of everything. There use to be 12 of us in a group now there's 2.

I made my mind up a few years ago, I would commit to riding ny, by the time I got to potter co, it was three and half to four hours from my home, I could make redfield in five, easy drive on 81, so far I’ve road three times there for 2017-18, trails were excellent, and traffic wasn’t as bad as everyone seems to make it, yes a couple snow cross wannabes roled by us, but for the most part, friendly people, as we’ve met in pa.
    There are places you can store your sleds, that takes away some of the tow factor for some.
    So far this year, I’ve road when I’ve had time, instead of when the weather wanted me to.
    That makes the difference in enjoying the sport

Default Ny

Snodog- Can I ask where you park/sleep in NY? I am in Lancaster county and pretty much sealed the deal on no-snow-in-PA winter by buying a newer sled this year (my first rider forward sled). Redfield is probably close to 5.5 hrs for me, which is too much for a day trip. I did ride in Old Forge one time last year but it was during the "free weekend". Any input on Redfield or the closest good rideable spot off 81 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZAG View Post
    Snodog- Can I ask where you park/sleep in NY? I am in Lancaster county and pretty much sealed the deal on no-snow-in-PA winter by buying a newer sled this year (my first rider forward sled). Redfield is probably close to 5.5 hrs for me, which is too much for a day trip. I did ride in Old Forge one time last year but it was during the "free weekend". Any input on Redfield or the closest good rideable spot off 81 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Zag.
    If you want close to 81, the super8 in pulaski is good. up in Redfield, the otter limits is also good, I would suggest you get an updated trail map, it's good to show where the places are people mention, and their relation to where they are on the trail.
    Parish and pulaski exits are both good to exit 81.

Thanks SnoDog! Can I ride right from the Super 8 or do we need to trailer a bit? This warm up is ugly!!

We stayed at the Super 8 in Pulaski last year and rode right from there.
    2015 Polaris PRO S Switchbabck 800 60th Anniverary
    2010 Polaris RUSH
    2007 SKI DOO XRS 600 HO

Yesterdays melt off..todays snow
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    The SURGEON GENERAL never said anything about SMOKIN your friends

How much did you end up with Steve? Looks like next Saturday might be a good day to come ride😀
    CHIP

Quote Originally Posted by flamingfirecat View Post
    How much did you end up with Steve? Looks like next Saturday might be a good day to come ride😀
    9 inches chip..more coming monday
    The SURGEON GENERAL never said anything about SMOKIN your friends

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast