Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Over already?

Angry Over already?

Is anyone else just ready to write this season off yet and move onto next winter? Or am I alone on this one.? Seems as though the weather forecasting has gotten worse this year with the storms. They sure do get your blood pumping about a week before the actual "storm", then as it gets closer, it fizzles out. Last evening on Accuweather, it had "very heavy ice and snow" for Monday and Monday night here in north central PA, now today it just says, "a bit of afternoon snow" and cloudy the rest of the time. According to the long range forecast, the temperatures are suppose to moderate quite well by the end of next week also. This is not good for any "base" that may have started to form. For as far as I am concerned, this winter is a pi** poor winter in north central PA...

Snowmobileing rule #1. Learn to ""EMBRACE THE DISAPPOITMENT​ ""!!!!!!
    Ride It Like A ""RENTAL""

Default Youíre not alone...

Said to myself we canít have three bad winters in a row right? Hope Iím wrong but itís looking like thatís the case so far. Tough trying to be positive anymore with the constant let downs in the weather forecasting. 100 miles in three winters in PA is just plain sad. Thank goodness for the tug hill area for snow or I would have no reason to own a snowmobile. Hopefully better days to come for PA snowmobiling!!!😃

its way early to be giving up here folks
    we seem to get more snow in late jan or feb than we do in dec/early jan any how too!

like they say , if NO snow here, TOW to it
    NY has a ton this yr
    better to travel than cry about no snow too IMO!
    spend money traveling or loose money as sled depreciates in your shop/garage/trailer?
    its still spending money, only traveling you get to actually ride and have fun! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mrbb1 View Post
    its way early to be giving up here folks
    we seem to get more snow in late jan or feb than we do in dec/early jan any how too!

like they say , if NO snow here, TOW to it
    NY has a ton this yr
    better to travel than cry about no snow too IMO!
    spend money traveling or loose money as sled depreciates in your shop/garage/trailer?
    its still spending money, only traveling you get to actually ride and have fun! LOL

I agree that itís disappointing watching these storms miss our area but it is still early. I just trailered to New York Wednesday and put on 130 miles on a new sled. Have to travel if you want to ride decent snow. Still have faith that old man winter has not forgotten pa this year and we will get our share!👍

Western Ny, just over the pa border.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    The SURGEON GENERAL never said anything about SMOKIN your friends

is park open now

Quote Originally Posted by raypa View Post
    is park open now
    no..everything above it is
    The SURGEON GENERAL never said anything about SMOKIN your friends

Are you kidding? It has been a great winter so far, you just have to be willing to travel. You can't really be into snowmobiling if you are not willing to travel. Tug Hill has had great snow for weeks, as has northern Maine and Michigan. We live in Maryland, so our drive is further than most on here. We experienced some of the smoothest trails you can find in Northern Maine between Christmas and NY. Getting ready to do another quick 3 dayer in Tug Hill. I would say all 3 of these destinations are ahead this year on snowfall.

Pa use to get tons of snow I been riding for over 20 years. Never had to go out of the state to ride could easily put on 1000 miles a year. As the years go on the snow gets less and less in pa.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast