Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Over already?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kcoleman10 View Post
    We stayed at the Super 8 in Pulaski last year and rode right from there.
    Last time I was up we stayed at
    Fox Hollow
    2740 State Route 13
    Altmar, New York 13302
    (315) 298-2876
    Owner: Roger Wolfe
    Trail runs right through property and plenty of room to park your rig.
    There is a link to their webcam on my website.
    Keep it Right

SwedenHillSnoCam

Lodging depends on how much you want to spend and what accommodations you want. We usually have 4-5 of us and we stay in Redfield at the Crossroads Inn and cabins. Right on the trail and Tawna and her husband are awesome to stay with. Has everything you need to cook a few meals if you want and just cozy little places.

When we stayed in Pulaski at the Super 8, it was a little tricky at first getting out of there trying to find the trail. We also went up last year on Presidents Day weekend and it was a mess with huge water holes down that way. Iíve stayed at the Edge over in Lyons Falls before which was nice. Next time up I will be staying over towards Redfield
    2015 Polaris PRO S Switchbabck 800 60th Anniverary
    2010 Polaris RUSH
    2007 SKI DOO XRS 600 HO

Stayed at the Tailwater Lodge in Altmar last week, it's halfway between Pulaski and Redfield. By far the nicest place I've stayed up there.

Quote Originally Posted by pguss24 View Post
    Lodging depends on how much you want to spend and what accommodations you want. We usually have 4-5 of us and we stay in Redfield at the Crossroads Inn and cabins. Right on the trail and Tawna and her husband are awesome to stay with. Has everything you need to cook a few meals if you want and just cozy little places.
    have you stayed there recently? we're going up next Monday and I've tried calling them since last Friday. all I get is the answering machine and they haven't returned my calls as of yet.

maybe they had issues with flooding and are closed

edit: the owner just called me back today and apologized for not contacting me sooner but explained she just had surgery.
    Last edited by kdskidoo; 01-16-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    2017 tnt 900 ACE
    2011 gsx 600 etec

Quote Originally Posted by kdskidoo View Post
    have you stayed there recently? we're going up next Monday and I've tried calling them since last Friday. all I get is the answering machine and they haven't returned my calls as of yet.

maybe they had issues with flooding and are closed

edit: the owner just called me back today and apologized for not contacting me sooner but explained she just had surgery.
    Glad to here she got back to you. She is a very reliable host and tries hard to accommodate you. Did you get a place to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by pguss24 View Post
    Glad to here she got back to you. She is a very reliable host and tries hard to accommodate you. Did you get a place to stay?
    we're still deciding. we did make tentative plans to stay at the Ridge View in Lowville. I'd really like to stay around Redfield, but we need to get our sleds registered at the DMV and parking at the Pulaski office with a trailer can be a problem. the Lowville DMV office has a parking lot big enough for trucks and trailers. I guess we could just get the sleds registered online. we did stay at the Ridge View many years ago and it's a nice motel. plus there's only 3 of us going and the motel will be about $60/night cheaper than a cabin rental. I'd like to stay in a cabin if we had another person or 2 to go along.
    2017 tnt 900 ACE
    2011 gsx 600 etec

Quote Originally Posted by kdskidoo View Post
    we're still deciding. we did make tentative plans to stay at the Ridge View in Lowville. I'd really like to stay around Redfield, but we need to get our sleds registered at the DMV and parking at the Pulaski office with a trailer can be a problem. the Lowville DMV office has a parking lot big enough for trucks and trailers. I guess we could just get the sleds registered online. we did stay at the Ridge View many years ago and it's a nice motel. plus there's only 3 of us going and the motel will be about $60/night cheaper than a cabin rental. I'd like to stay in a cabin if we had another person or 2 to go along.
    The Edge in Lyons Falls and West Wind Motel and Towpath Inn in Turin are all nice too, and within 15 minutes of the Lowville DMV.
    Small warm up coming this weekend. Please report back with conditions next week as we are heading up next weekend. Thanks

why don't you guys register online, and save yourself a trip to the DMV, you can get a 15 day temporary print out to carry till the regular ones arrive in the mail.
    basically about $35 to join a club, you get an online voucher code, then $45 per sled to register, plus I think there is a NYSSA join fee of $5
    https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/register-snowmobile

Quote Originally Posted by edgexc View Post
    The Edge in Lyons Falls and West Wind Motel and Towpath Inn in Turin are all nice too, and within 15 minutes of the Lowville DMV.
    Small warm up coming this weekend. Please report back with conditions next week as we are heading up next weekend. Thanks
    thanks for the info. actually found another place to stay with 1 year old cabins near Barnes Corners. tughilllodging.net is their website. look real nice and the price is good at $90/night for 2 and each additional person is only $10.

we will be returning next Thursday and when I get home I'll post the conditions. I've talked to several people who live up there and they all have told me the conditions for the most part have recovered from the meltdown and are good.
    2017 tnt 900 ACE
    2011 gsx 600 etec

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast