Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Rant..How Do You Make Flat Awesome Trails To Ride...........

Default My Rant..How Do You Make Flat Awesome Trails To Ride...........

First off Clubs, Volunteers and Groomers , of course snow but 2 most important things , frigid temps and low traffic......I was at a part of NY I have not been at for over 10 years...Yea a few of the connector trails were bumpy but the main trails were the best I have ever been on in 40 years....Yea at first I was going somewhat fast but after a while I slowed down to @ 35 mph and just enjoyed them......And here is some thing I have to say, If your a snowmobile person and complain about the frigid cold temps from the past 2 weeks , do me a favor , sell your sled and get out of the sport....And oh yea if your the type of rider and cant come to a "safe " stop and take a tree branch out of the trail or rock sell your sled also...Thank You Clubs , Volunteers , Groomers and The State Of NY............

Quote Originally Posted by INLINE4 View Post
    First off Clubs, Volunteers and Groomers , of course snow but 2 most important things , frigid temps and low traffic......I was at a part of NY I have not been at for over 10 years...Yea a few of the connector trails were bumpy but the main trails were the best I have ever been on in 40 years....Yea at first I was going somewhat fast but after a while I slowed down to @ 35 mph and just enjoyed them......And here is some thing I have to say, If your a snowmobile person and complain about the frigid cold temps from the past 2 weeks , do me a favor , sell your sled and get out of the sport....And oh yea if your the type of rider and cant come to a "safe " stop and take a tree branch out of the trail or rock sell your sled also...Thank You Clubs , Volunteers , Groomers and The State Of NY............
    You said it right at the beginning. Arctic cold temperatures and low traffic.
    I havenít ridden much in the last couple of weeks, mostly because of the extreme cold. I donít think I am going to sell my sleds but I will probably buy some warmer gear.

Frequency and getting to the bottom of the bump is the first part of the platform.

You have to use the blade !!!!!!!!!!! You can't just drive around letting the drag fill in the low spots.

I think with the little warm up we're getting it'll help grooming. Right now, do we have a lot of snow...yes, but no moisture in it isn't doing us any huge favors IMO..and to those who stop and pick up branches, rocks and ice balls...THANK YOU! It's a lot when you're grooming and opening trails to add signage, cut trees and move logs...any and all help with face slappers & little branches it GREATLY appreciated by all groomer operators!!
    Teana Goudy
    11 North Bar & Grill
    315.298.5858-Open at 11am, 7 days
    Located on trail C5A in Pulaski
    Member of Pulaski-Boylston, Kasoag Trailblazers & Winona

I agree. I rode from Cato to the Hill yesterday. And rode around the hill. Stopped in Flat Rock at noon. Probably 20 people in there. At Flatrock at noon on a SATURDAY! Trails were incredible and I rode all the main ones. Blue skies too! Probably saw about 20 sleds all day on the trail. On a SATURDAY! Blowing and snowing in Cato area when I got back.

Big thank you to the clubs. It felt like the trails were prepared especially for me, as no else seemed to be on them!

Quote Originally Posted by 11NorthBar&Grill View Post
    I think with the little warm up we're getting it'll help grooming. Right now, do we have a lot of snow...yes, but no moisture in it isn't doing us any huge favors IMO..and to those who stop and pick up branches, rocks and ice balls...THANK YOU! It's a lot when you're grooming and opening trails to add signage, cut trees and move logs...any and all help with face slappers & little branches it GREATLY appreciated by all groomer operators!!
    There was this huge rock I removed from the trail Thursday besides all kinds of branches....That rock was heavy , I'am sure it was not good for any groomer to hit...But yea if a rider has a small group and could stop safely on the trail pitching in 5 - 10 minutes of time is nothing compared to what clubs do...

Quote Originally Posted by Billy's Guidance Counsler View Post
    You have to use the blade !!!!!!!!!!! You can't just drive around letting the drag fill in the low spots.
    Must be you never used a trail paver. I use to do 75% of my work with the blade on our P.B. now with the paver well let me say things have changed. Like Larry says if you don't have a paver your pulling a drag.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    Must be you never used a trail paver. I use to do 75% of my work with the blade on our P.B. now with the paver well let me say things have changed. Like Larry says if you don't have a paver your pulling a drag.
    I know of someone with a brand new one that is full of bubble gum welds and numerous hydraulic leaks. Glad youíre having better luck than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    Did you guys use the trail paver Saturday between Altmar and Pulaski? Both clubs groomed yesterday and you could tell the difference. Not complaining just asking. I am sure others noticed too.
    Without Yamaha I would have no reason to groom
    Proud drinker of Doolaid
    Kasoag Trailblazers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast