Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: My Rant..How Do You Make Flat Awesome Trails To Ride...........

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    145

    Default My Rant..How Do You Make Flat Awesome Trails To Ride...........

    First off Clubs, Volunteers and Groomers , of course snow but 2 most important things , frigid temps and low traffic......I was at a part of NY I have not been at for over 10 years...Yea a few of the connector trails were bumpy but the main trails were the best I have ever been on in 40 years....Yea at first I was going somewhat fast but after a while I slowed down to @ 35 mph and just enjoyed them......And here is some thing I have to say, If your a snowmobile person and complain about the frigid cold temps from the past 2 weeks , do me a favor , sell your sled and get out of the sport....And oh yea if your the type of rider and cant come to a "safe " stop and take a tree branch out of the trail or rock sell your sled also...Thank You Clubs , Volunteers , Groomers and The State Of NY............

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INLINE4 View Post
    First off Clubs, Volunteers and Groomers , of course snow but 2 most important things , frigid temps and low traffic......I was at a part of NY I have not been at for over 10 years...Yea a few of the connector trails were bumpy but the main trails were the best I have ever been on in 40 years....Yea at first I was going somewhat fast but after a while I slowed down to @ 35 mph and just enjoyed them......And here is some thing I have to say, If your a snowmobile person and complain about the frigid cold temps from the past 2 weeks , do me a favor , sell your sled and get out of the sport....And oh yea if your the type of rider and cant come to a "safe " stop and take a tree branch out of the trail or rock sell your sled also...Thank You Clubs , Volunteers , Groomers and The State Of NY............
    You said it right at the beginning. Arctic cold temperatures and low traffic.
    I havenít ridden much in the last couple of weeks, mostly because of the extreme cold. I donít think I am going to sell my sleds but I will probably buy some warmer gear.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,103

    Default

    Frequency and getting to the bottom of the bump is the first part of the platform.

  4. #4

    Default

    You have to use the blade !!!!!!!!!!! You can't just drive around letting the drag fill in the low spots.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pulaski, NY
    Posts
    74

    Default

    I think with the little warm up we're getting it'll help grooming. Right now, do we have a lot of snow...yes, but no moisture in it isn't doing us any huge favors IMO..and to those who stop and pick up branches, rocks and ice balls...THANK YOU! It's a lot when you're grooming and opening trails to add signage, cut trees and move logs...any and all help with face slappers & little branches it GREATLY appreciated by all groomer operators!!
    Teana Goudy
    11 North Bar & Grill
    315.298.5858-Open at 11am, 7 days
    Located on trail C5A in Pulaski
    Member of Pulaski-Boylston, Kasoag Trailblazers & Winona

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    190

    Default

    I agree. I rode from Cato to the Hill yesterday. And rode around the hill. Stopped in Flat Rock at noon. Probably 20 people in there. At Flatrock at noon on a SATURDAY! Trails were incredible and I rode all the main ones. Blue skies too! Probably saw about 20 sleds all day on the trail. On a SATURDAY! Blowing and snowing in Cato area when I got back.

    Big thank you to the clubs. It felt like the trails were prepared especially for me, as no else seemed to be on them!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 11NorthBar&Grill View Post
    I think with the little warm up we're getting it'll help grooming. Right now, do we have a lot of snow...yes, but no moisture in it isn't doing us any huge favors IMO..and to those who stop and pick up branches, rocks and ice balls...THANK YOU! It's a lot when you're grooming and opening trails to add signage, cut trees and move logs...any and all help with face slappers & little branches it GREATLY appreciated by all groomer operators!!
    There was this huge rock I removed from the trail Thursday besides all kinds of branches....That rock was heavy , I'am sure it was not good for any groomer to hit...But yea if a rider has a small group and could stop safely on the trail pitching in 5 - 10 minutes of time is nothing compared to what clubs do...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bridgeport,Boylston
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy's Guidance Counsler View Post
    You have to use the blade !!!!!!!!!!! You can't just drive around letting the drag fill in the low spots.
    Must be you never used a trail paver. I use to do 75% of my work with the blade on our P.B. now with the paver well let me say things have changed. Like Larry says if you don't have a paver your pulling a drag.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    Must be you never used a trail paver. I use to do 75% of my work with the blade on our P.B. now with the paver well let me say things have changed. Like Larry says if you don't have a paver your pulling a drag.
    I know of someone with a brand new one that is full of bubble gum welds and numerous hydraulic leaks. Glad youíre having better luck than they are.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Parish
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    Must be you never used a trail paver. I use to do 75% of my work with the blade on our P.B. now with the paver well let me say things have changed. Like Larry says if you don't have a paver your pulling a drag.
    Did you guys use the trail paver Saturday between Altmar and Pulaski? Both clubs groomed yesterday and you could tell the difference. Not complaining just asking. I am sure others noticed too.
    Without Yamaha I would have no reason to groom
    Proud drinker of Doolaid
    Kasoag Trailblazers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •