Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Rant..How Do You Make Flat Awesome Trails To Ride...........

Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    Must be you never used a trail paver. I use to do 75% of my work with the blade on our P.B. now with the paver well let me say things have changed. Like Larry says if you don't have a paver your pulling a drag.
    I've never tried one yet. I can totally see how they would be superior in warm conditions. The old mogul masters work ok when it's warm out if you run it up a lil higher than normal and use the blade. I also will groom A lil bit faster when it's warm temp. I'll run 9mph instead of 6-7 mph. Don't sound like much but sometimes a few mph makes a big difference. In my opinion you still have to cut the bumps out no matter the temp to get the same consistency of trail after the drag processes the snow. I like a smooth ride, so I always cut the bumps out.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    I know of someone with a brand new one that is full of bubble gum welds and numerous hydraulic leaks. Glad you’re having better luck than they are.
    Were going through that, had to check all fittings just a couple of leakers on one paver, and having a hard time getting the boxes to sink up on same one but after talking to Larry I think I can get that straightened out ,the welds are nice.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by juiced10 View Post
    Did you guys use the trail paver Saturday between Altmar and Pulaski? Both clubs groomed yesterday and you could tell the difference. Not complaining just asking. I am sure others noticed too.
    Were still in our learning curve. What I try to tell our operators is, running a paver is basic physics for every action there's a reaction. If you put pressure on the pan it drops the front and just the opposite when you move the front we'll get it.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by Billy's Guidance Counsler View Post
    I've never tried one yet. I can totally see how they would be superior in warm conditions. The old mogul masters work ok when it's warm out if you run it up a lil higher than normal and use the blade. I also will groom A lil bit faster when it's warm temp. I'll run 9mph instead of 6-7 mph. Don't sound like much but sometimes a few mph makes a big difference. In my opinion you still have to cut the bumps out no matter the temp to get the same consistency of trail after the drag processes the snow. I like a smooth ride, so I always cut the bumps out.
    There totally different than the M.M. instead of a 4or 5 "wide side rail you have I think it's 1/2" plate that you can berry if you want , the cutters are ridged mounted not spring loaded and the box is the length of the paver, that's a lot of snow to carry instead of spilling it out the sides like a M.M.. I'm with you about the ride so what I'm doing now is floating the blade, still shaves the tops off and the paver does the rest.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by juiced10 View Post
    Did you guys use the trail paver Saturday between Altmar and Pulaski? Both clubs groomed yesterday and you could tell the difference. Not complaining just asking. I am sure others noticed too.
    Yes, we went out on Friday with it, Kasoag must've gone on Sat as they hadn't been to the turn around yet.. what was the difference that was noticed? I think the paver lays a "harder" trail if that's the right term..
    Teana Goudy
    11 North Bar & Grill
    315.298.5858-Open at 11am, 7 days
    Located on trail C5A in Pulaski
    Member of Pulaski-Boylston, Kasoag Trailblazers & Winona

Default Keweenaw Snow Paver

This is the best tool for that job!

http://www.mtukrc.org/ksp.htm

Quote Originally Posted by 11NorthBar&Grill View Post
    Yes, we went out on Friday with it, Kasoag must've gone on Sat as they hadn't been to the turn around yet.. what was the difference that was noticed? I think the paver lays a "harder" trail if that's the right term..
    The trail was quite a bit softer. A lot of push in the corners. To be fair we have groomed our trails many more times. I too am interested to see how your trails work out with the newer drag design.
    Without Yamaha I would have no reason to groom
    Proud drinker of Doolaid
    Kasoag Trailblazers

Quote Originally Posted by Polarizer View Post
    This is the best tool for that job!

http://www.mtukrc.org/ksp.htm
    i've always used the mogal masters and much plow time; drags are ment to run level ; the plow did that; the mogal master did the rest. water content ment a lot and cold setup was the big difference; I never ran fast and my mirrors stayed clear; no frozen open window problems. we stayed out till the loop was finished; never knew what time you were going home. sometimes you would arrange for a switch out ; new operator coming on and we would take his car back to the barn! mabe that's why we got old so fast
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

With lots of snow to work with, cold weather and light traffic it is pretty easy to make and keep trails flat. What really would help during more typical conditions is if all riders would respect the trails and the people trying to keep them flat. A few hundred people could go down a well-groomed and packed trail smooth and steady without doing too much damage, but It doesn't take many wanna-be racers with overactive flipper fingers to totally destroy a trail. But those jerks have a sense of entitlement and just don't care...

Quote Originally Posted by hamcotrailrider View Post
    With lots of snow to work with, cold weather and light traffic it is pretty easy to make and keep trails flat. What really would help during more typical conditions is if all riders would respect the trails and the people trying to keep them flat. A few hundred people could go down a well-groomed and packed trail smooth and steady without doing too much damage, but It doesn't take many wanna-be racers with overactive flipper fingers to totally destroy a trail. But those jerks have a sense of entitlement and just don't care...
    I want this to be part of the mandatory video for registration idea. I think some just don't know, though you would think they do. Their current idiot pile is the next guy's mogul. I believe some guys think when they jam the flipper on a fresh ribbon that the person in the groomer is going to applaud due to being impressed with the power of their sled. Others have the "IDGAF" attitude, because snowmobiling in New York (the Hill especially) has a Wild West flavor to it.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast