Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Rant..How Do You Make Flat Awesome Trails To Ride...........

I was riding our Trails after we groomed and I'm looking at a hundred foot roostertail off a corner probably from like at 850 or something how do you how do you stop that? We're fighting a losing battle people with these high-powered sleds that think it's a race track are all about themselves
    Last edited by olddoos; 1 Week Ago at 12:09 PM.
    Mark Barnes
    Current Williamson Driftriders President
    VINTAGE SLEDS THE CASH COW OF THE NYS TRAIL SYSTEM!

Quote Originally Posted by olddoos View Post
    I was riding our Trails after we groomed and I'm looking at a hundred foot roostertail off a corner probably from like at 850 or something how do you how do you stop that? We're fighting a losing battle people with these high-powered sleds that think it's a race track are all about themselves
    It's been that way since I started grooming 30 years ago and nothings going to change it and I'll say it will only get worse.

I personally own a Yamaha Sidewinder but don't ride like it's the last chance qualifier. I bought my machine for when I ride in Quebec but I guarantee I tear up the trail less than most riders when riding local. Power of the machine can add to the carnage but lack of common sense with the thumb seems to do more damage. I've seem a TON of idiot piles and rooster tails from 600 class sleds.

lol silly people thinking mandatory videos,registrations, courses......... are going to do anything

Quote Originally Posted by juiced10 View Post
    The trail was quite a bit softer. A lot of push in the corners. To be fair we have groomed our trails many more times. I too am interested to see how your trails work out with the newer drag design.
    Makes sense as a deeper cut makes for snow that has most likely been processed less hence requiring the deeper cut. In laymen terms the deep you cut the softer the snow will be for a period but if it's all laid back in at a constant depth even being soft it will last longer than before.

Hey! I have an 850 and I don't do that!! I do know exactly what you mean though. I don't see the point of spinning a snowmobile track. Sometimes those ruts are over a foot deep. What fun is that?

Default anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    lol silly people thinking mandatory videos,registrations, courses......... are going to do anything
    You really dont think they would do anything? Nothing at all? Not change one person?

I know you said the same thing about signs before, don't put up a sign cause it wont do anything.

Nobody thinks these efforts would be a 100% solution, completely eliminating the problem
    but you seem to take the opposite position --- won't do anything.
    Both positions are ... too POLARIZED
    reality is somewhere in between

Quote Originally Posted by Polarizer View Post
    You really dont think they would do anything? Nothing at all? Not change one person?

I know you said the same thing about signs before, don't put up a sign cause it wont do anything.

Nobody thinks these efforts would be a 100% solution, completely eliminating the problem
    IMO it's not worth the effort because you can't help people who don't want help.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Makes sense as a deeper cut makes for snow that has most likely been processed less hence requiring the deeper cut. In laymen terms the deep you cut the softer the snow will be for a period but if it's all laid back in at a constant depth even being soft it will last longer than before.
    This dry snow hasn't done any groomers any favors IMO...but the cold temps have helped the water holes at least
    Teana Goudy
    11 North Bar & Grill
    315.298.5858-Open at 11am, 7 days
    Located on trail C5A in Pulaski
    Member of Pulaski-Boylston, Kasoag Trailblazers & Winona

Default Its who we are dealing with

Quote Originally Posted by Polarizer View Post

The idea is a noble one but, we are dealing with the me-first, I deserve, I got mine, why should I care generation. If you think we have a problem with unregistered sleds now, wait till they have to see a video or take a test before they can register. LOL. Somewhere out there, there is a solution IMHO. We all need to keep throwing out ideas until the right one comes along. Think Snow.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast