Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Western NY Riding?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    36

    Default Western NY Riding?

    I'm thinking about riding Western NY this weekend just for a change of scenery from Tug and OF. Can anyone tell me best places to go right now? Is the Casino in Seneca the southern starting point given snow coverage?
    Josh

    PSSA, God's Country Black Forest
    NYSSA, Turin Ridge Riders

    2017 Switchback ProS 800
    2016 Switchback ProS 800
    1980 Centurion 500
    1979 TXL 340
    1978 Scorpion TKX 440
    1977 TX 440
    1976 Liquifire 440

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Yes, Casino is a good start. Itís a little thin, but very rideable, with no issues. We just got back from a 160 mile loop through the Allegany State Park, north from there. If we get the weather called for, it wil probably be lost, and you will need to go farther north. West toward Kennedy or Springville NY.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inspmark View Post
    Yes, Casino is a good start. Itís a little thin, but very rideable, with no issues. We just got back from a 160 mile loop through the Allegany State Park, north from there. If we get the weather called for, it wil probably be lost, and you will need to go farther north. West toward Kennedy or Springville NY.
    Thank you, what towns would that be? How many miles are there to ride?
    Josh

    PSSA, God's Country Black Forest
    NYSSA, Turin Ridge Riders

    2017 Switchback ProS 800
    2016 Switchback ProS 800
    1980 Centurion 500
    1979 TXL 340
    1978 Scorpion TKX 440
    1977 TX 440
    1976 Liquifire 440

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Webster, NY / Salisbury NY
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inspmark View Post
    Yes, Casino is a good start. Itís a little thin, but very rideable, with no issues. We just got back from a 160 mile loop through the Allegany State Park, north from there. If we get the weather called for, it wil probably be lost, and you will need to go farther north. West toward Kennedy or Springville NY.
    Was this trail open? Saturday we turned around here. We rode from Letchworth to Allegheny.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Yes. Most of the state park was open. They did temporarily close the ďbike trailĒ as it is a paved surface. Ther was still about 60 miles of riding available.

    Iím guessing with the warm-up later this week, all of the park will be closed. They require 3Ē of packed surface to ride.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Good luck with that! I'm sure they are already getting set to close the trails down because its supposed to warm up a bit for a day. I see one club already has closed and is blaming it on the coming warmth.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drift Breaker View Post
    Good luck with that! I'm sure they are already getting set to close the trails down because its supposed to warm up a bit for a day. I see one club already has closed and is blaming it on the coming warmth.
    It defies all logic.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    It defies all logic.
    They are dropping like flies out there already. Gotta protect that base. You know the one they were grooming for nearly 2 weeks and kept the trails closed. It's ok though, they have "special" issues that none of us understand.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drift Breaker View Post
    They are dropping like flies out there already. Gotta protect that base. You know the one they were grooming for nearly 2 weeks and kept the trails closed. It's ok though, they have "special" issues that none of us understand.
    I know I donít understand it at all.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Welcome to the Bizarro World of snowmobiling

    With the expected warm up coming the Lake Effect Trailbreakers and neighboring clubs will be closing the trails to hopefully withstand the warm temps, our trails will be closed early Wednesday morning. Hopefully the trails will with stand the short warm up and as soon as the temps drop we can resume riding. Make sure to check all of the clubs sites and Facebook pages to keep up to date with all trail conditions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •