Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Western NY Riding?

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    I know I donít understand it at all.
    if the trails are subjected to hi traffic; even low traffic at a time where trails are slush; the base gets shot ;will there be enough moist snow to bring them back; its a safety measure; especially when they refreeze. also when snow gets mealy and the texture is gone and warmer weather makes it imposable. you need 18F-22F ; moisture ; and good texture. sometimes its just not there! don't trash the base!
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Default No expert

Like my title says I am not an expert on maintaining a trail system. I say let the clubs make their best decision based on the many years of experience that is within the clubs. I do know what snow gets like as warm temperatures start to eat their way into it. It basically turns to mush and couple that with high torque sleds and you will have ruts all over the trail system to fill in if their is anything to fill in with once the freeze up comes back. Just know what Iíve experienced riding late season and sinking into 2 feet of slop as the snow breaks down from the melt. Just saying. Itís early yet so letís do what we can to save the base.

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    It defies all logic.
    It's 3 days of warm weather not one. The trails will be shot especially if they're rode

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerJim View Post
    It's 3 days of warm weather not one. The trails will be shot especially if they're rode
    If the snow melts does it really matter if it was ridden on or not?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerJim View Post
    You've got a proven facts of that???

Proven facts of what? 3 warm days? Any forcast showed that. Or riding a warm trail will erode a trail faster? Anyone with eyes can see when you track up a yard and open even a small amount of grass or dirt to sunlight the snow around the bare spots melt first. Which is what happens when you ride the trails

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12