Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Schumer Gillibrand

Quote Originally Posted by TODDLB View Post
    Ethanol shield , I saw a video on how all these brands work, the best was Ethanol shield .
    Share the link to that video, please.

I also have had years of positive results with StarTron, mainly as a stabilizer. I did not use my boat last summer, so that fuel will be two years old, treated with StarTron back in fall 2016. Good test for the stuff.

I use non-ethanol in my four-stroke Ski Doos because that's what they call for unless it is 91 octane or greater. Newer Fastrac stations offer non-ethanol 87 octane, so I will use that when available; however, lately, the 87 octane is only 5 cents cheaper than the 91. Many with 600, 900 ACEs, and 1200s have run 87 octane ethanol blend for years without issues, though.

If you are running ethanol blend in a fuel-injected four stroke engine, you probably won't have any issues outside of storage periods. I run it in my Gold Wing all summer since the fuel is never in the tank longer than a week or so anyway. I do run non-ethanol at the end of the riding season and treat with StarTron before parking it for the winter.

Carbed two strokes and ethanol fuel is a lethal combination; how are the new direct-injected two strokes handling ethanol fuel, if anyone is using it?

I also notice when I travel out of state that non-ethanol fuel cannot be found.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

Default what science

Quote Originally Posted by OrwellianCamper View Post
    ......I also notice when I travel out of state that non-ethanol fuel cannot be found.
    website / app for finding a no ethanol station --->https://www.pure-gas.org/

people can believe what they want but I've never seen any science behind "stabilizing" ethanol gas
    you just have to keep it away from water vapor and use it up in 6 weeks , from what I've read
    and any engine / system built in past 15 years (dont know actual number) can handle E10, depending on manufacturers recommendations
    Ethanol is a great oxygenate (replacing MTBE) and has a much higher octane rating than gasoline

Use of ethanol to reduce petroleum import dependency mutated into a farm support program for Iowa
    https://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...-grassley-rfs/
    Last edited by Polarizer; 1 Week Ago at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarizer View Post

people can believe what they want but I've never seen any science behind "stabilizing" ethanol gas
    you just have to keep it away from water vapor and use it up in 6 weeks , from what I've read
    and any engine / system built in past 15 years (dont know actual number) can handle E10, depending on manufacturers recommendations
    Ethanol is a great oxygenate (replacing MTBE) and has a much higher octane rating than gasoline

Use of ethanol to reduce petroleum import dependency mutated into a farm support program for Iowa
    Ethanol is much better for the environment than MTBE too.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarizer View Post

Startron claims to double as an ethanol enzyme treatment AND fuel stabilizer for any fuel. I use it as a stabilizer with pure gas.

I read Startron's info pamphlet once and their creation supposedly breaks down the water molecules and disperses it through the fuel rather than them bonding together and creating a concentration. Or something like that.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

I also have had years of positive results with StarTron, mainly as a stabilizer. I did not use my boat last summer, so that fuel will be two years old, treated with StarTron back in fall 2016. Good test for the stuff.

I use non-ethanol in my four-stroke Ski Doos because that's what they call for unless it is 91 octane or greater. Newer Fastrac stations offer non-ethanol 87 octane, so I will use that when available; however, lately, the 87 octane is only 5 cents cheaper than the 91. Many with 600, 900 ACEs, and 1200s have run 87 octane ethanol blend for years without issues, though.

If you are running ethanol blend in a fuel-injected four stroke engine, you probably won't have any issues outside of storage periods. I run it in my Gold Wing all summer since the fuel is never in the tank longer than a week or so anyway. I do run non-ethanol at the end of the riding season and treat with StarTron before parking it for the winter.

Carbed two strokes and ethanol fuel is a lethal combination; how are the new direct-injected two strokes handling ethanol fuel, if anyone is using it?

If I can find it, it was years ago when I saw it.
    Im confused, wait... maybe i'm not.

Ok, Here is one demo, Not the one I saw. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaQuF-q-aRs

Quote Originally Posted by TODDLB View Post
    Ok, Here is one demo, Not the one I saw. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaQuF-q-aRs
    Here is the second part of the video, shows the burn test.

Default Boating Magazine

Boating Magazine conducted a test and found that none of the ethanol treatments completely eliminate "phase separation", or the bonding of water and ethanol molecules that join together and sink to the bottom of your fuel tank, waiting for your screaming carburated two-stroke engine to suck it in and melt a piston.

However, all the ones they tested do increase the threshold to water phase separation occurs, and slow it down. In untreated E10 gas, this happens when the water content of the fuel reach 500 ppm.

https://www.boatingmag.com/gear/boat...lizers#page-15

It looks like the product from West Marine offers the best value overall.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    Not sure how many realize this, but at gas stations where there is just one fuel deliver hose for each pump and you select which grade of fuel you want, when you fill your tank or gas can with Premium "No Ethanol", you're getting 1.5 gallons of whatever the previous person pumped. I found out the hard way when I killed my chain saw. The power equipment service dealer said I had ethanol in the saw. I assured him I only use Premium No Ethanol. He asked if I bring two cans to the gas station, one to purge the ethanol out of the fuel line and a second can for the Premium fuel. His friend works on gas pumps and passed that tip along, he said not many people are aware of that.

As far as additives and gas, I've switched over to VP Fuel for my small engines or for winterizing the wheeler and zero turn mower. It comes in 1 gal tin cans, you can get it for 4 strokes, 2 strokes mixed at 40:1 and for 50:1. Drain the fuel out of the equipment and refill with a small amount of VP Fuel. Start the engine and run til you smell sweet exhaust. At this point you're now protected for two years. This stuff does not gum up, turn to varnish, collect moisture or discolor. Come spring, my equipment has been starting right up. VP Fuel is sold at professional outdoor power equipment dealers and I see now that Tractor Supply is carrying it. Its about $15/1 gal can.

Recently was out helping PBSC work on trails, I brought my chainsaw along. Since I was running the VP Fuel that day, I didn't have to worry about bringing a can of mixed gas or draining the gas out when done. The saw sure ran sweet smelling that day! Ive got VP Fuel in the Honda generator as well, no more worries about gas sitting in it going bad. I run it now on VP and its never started so easy after sitting.
    If you have any friends in aviation that can get 100LL, that has a shelf life like VP too.
    "Why does everyone ride a snowmobile like it's the last lap of the motocross race?"- Said by a new snowmobiler friend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123