Thread: NYS Form FT-946/1046 (Snowmobile Gas Tax Refund Application)

Default NYS Form FT-946/1046 (Snowmobile Gas Tax Refund Application)

I see various places collecting Snowmobile Gas Receipts.

My question is does anyone here do this, and if yes how do you comply with.....

B Refund assignment Any person who purchased motor/diesel motor fuel and is entitled to a refund of the excise tax may assign that refund if certain criteria are met

and what do you submit?
    E Pluribus Unum means NO Hyphenated Americans
    Semper-Fi
    The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting, but everything to do with Liberty
    www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com
    www.squarevalley.org

I believe if you download the form, it comes with instructions. Basically you need the receipts.You add up the amounts and fill in the form and send it with all the receipts. I have done it a few times.

Redfield club is doing it,we have a couple box's by pumps in town.
    I feel the need for speed

Proud member of Purple palace inn,Redfield,NewYork

Proud member of Redfield Sno-rec club

To most clubs, it's more of a hassle then benefit. And around here, you just get a monetary receipt, not amt. of gallons purchased.
    Credit Card may work differently, but not cash.

Thumbs up Every year.

Quote Originally Posted by ATCCarl View Post
    I see various places collecting Snowmobile Gas Receipts.

My question is does anyone here do this, and if yes how do you comply with.....

B Refund assignment Any person who purchased motor/diesel motor fuel and is entitled to a refund of the excise tax may assign that refund if certain criteria are met

and what do you submit?
    I do it every year, I send in for a gas tax refund.

I have been sending it in ever since the NYSSA magazine had an article on it..... maybe..... 4-5 years ago. I have been doing it so regular that they ( the tax refund dept ) issued me a number.... now i just put that # on my form.

Typically i charge all my gas purchases, i hit... "Yes" when it asks you if you want a receipt.

Thru out the year.... I save my receipts : Gas i buy for the sleds, gas receipts from the lawn mowers, weed wackers, chainsaws, generator...even gas from when we rented a boat in 1000 islands.... most of my receipts come from gas for the sleds.

Save all the receipts, got a big magnet clip on the side of the frig, then once a year, i'll total them all up, gallons used, fill out the tax refund form, and send in all the receipts with the form.
    And ... in about 6 or 8 weeks i get a refund check.

I have gotten a $.99 cent check, last yr with the poor riding season, i think my refund was like $4.
    The one year,,, i think i got like $13 back.

Yep... a bit of a pain for such a small return... but the state gets enough of my money, so might as well get something back.
    Tri-County Drift Hoppers
    Snowmobile Club
    Arcade, NY
    Wyoming County