Thread: Wednesday Ride on the hill

Default Wednesday Ride on the hill

Great day, launched from Sandy Pond and headed up to Winona, nice job PBSC. Trails were perfect. Headed out to Barnes Corners and up to Copenhagen for lunch, ran into some nice rollers after Pinckney which made for fun riding and line choosing after the previous smooth conditions. Good lunch at the Cottage Inn and good service from the girls there. Left and headed towards west lowville and the start of Rector which was the best I have ever seen it. Wound around flat rock road, pitcher, Salmon River, culpepper, worth, denning, Mile strip, horace forward etc and back to PBSC trails. Everything was really freakin good. Really glad the johnnies were not out because the fun meter was over revving dozens of times. All in all one of the best days on and around the northern section of the hill in recent memory. Hats off to the weather gods and the clubs for allowing a 150 miler in a short period of time.

LUcky You and very glad to hear the trails are in great shape. Now it’s time to hope the rain coming doesn’t hurt the lower lying areas. Riding out near Sandy Pond is fun but loses snow fast.

Default slack off a couple days

right now is the time to slack off; do pm on the sleds or whatever; the trails will be very tender ; they will turn to slush and even ruin the base; cold temps will be back in a few days even with snow! good weather to work on the camps; clean the wood stove out single digits and below zero will be back!
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Glad you had great conditions. I was up yesterday, and all trails sucked except some of STH trails down by highmarket. Can't complain because the other 10 trips on the Hill this year have been great. Today, Stony Lake trail, and Confussion Flats were the best I have ever seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorpot View Post
    Glad you had great conditions. I was up yesterday, and all trails sucked except some of STH trails down by highmarket. Can't complain because the other 10 trips on the Hill this year have been great. Today, Stony Lake trail, and Confussion Flats were the best I have ever seen them.
    Ditto that one on yesterday.

Jon2slo sorry we missed ya we did the long Lake loop today and it was great as well.

Rode Sunday and Monday on some of the best conditions I've ever seen on the hill. Rode Redfield to Montague around Flat Rock, Tabolt Corners to Pine Tree back to Highmarket, Hideaway, 46 Corners to Redfield one day and the same start but to the Edge and back the railroad, North South, Camp 4 to Cedar Pines, and Redfield on Monday. Only trail both days with any bumps were Turin's trails west of 26. Other than that all trails were a 9 or 10 out of 10! Both days were pretty much Quebec or better conditions.

Yep, the Clubs on "The Hill" do a GREAT job. And bumpy conditions are usually result of traffic NOT lack of effort by the Clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ryder View Post
    Yep, the Clubs on "The Hill" do a GREAT job. And bumpy conditions are usually result of traffic NOT lack of effort by the Clubs.
    Right on! Early bird gets the worm! The night owl gets sweet trails Too! That's what we try to do, get out early, head to camp for the afternoon, then head out at night. The people complaining are the mid day riders.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RENEGADE13 View Post
    The people complaining are the mid day riders.
    The mid-day bar hoppers!