Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How bad is it...!?

Default How bad is it...!?

We’ve been washed out so far overnight here in the Sodus Bay Area... have to start from
    Scratch AGAIN..!’ This rain had to of effected The Hill
    And old forge areas as well..?? And we all had such a great start to the season.

In Redfield it's been POURING buckets since last night. We've probably lost at least 12" off the top of the snowbanks already.

Default Sled parked

All TEAM DD sleds are parked until further notice. Indian Jim's trap line is still a go.

In the high hit areas that had snow, this will help once it freezes again. Sadly, others areas got killed. Don't see how 10"-15" of snow will stick to warm areas. Ice will be an other factor if it develops and tress/branches come down on trails . Don't forget about the wind and said icing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
    In the high hit areas that had snow, this will help once it freezes again. Sadly, others areas got killed. Don't see how 10"-15" of snow will stick to warm areas. Ice will be an other factor if it develops and tress/branches come down on trails . Don't forget about the wind and said icing.
    Don't forget about the standing water in areas away from the hill, ditches I saw this morning on the sides of the road had 3 ft. of water ripping through them. They won't freeze especially if the snow sits on a thin layer of ice on top of it and is 12"+ deep. Wear your life jackets!

Quote Originally Posted by TEAM D&D View Post
    All TEAM DD sleds are parked until further notice. Indian Jim's trap line is still a go.
    Did some checking and no one can locate any of you or they would post pictures of your group
    since you high roller sled buyers can't afford a unit that will take your pics
    You make good laughing posts
    "live-long-and-prosper"

Leonard Nimoy
    March 26, 1931
    February 27, 2015
    U.S. Army Reserve, 1953-1955, Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by sgviper View Post
    We’ve been washed out so far overnight here in the Sodus Bay Area... have to start from
    Scratch AGAIN..!’ This rain had to of effected The Hill
    And old forge areas as well..?? And we all had such a great start to the season.
    it can be brought back if we get cold weather and snow ; all the heavy snow predicted will hit the city of Oswego! also anyone headed up north on rt 3 ; north sandy creek has puked all its ice on the road ; its closed ; happens almost every year ; I was told some of the chunks were the size of trastor trailers. watertown was 60F at 1 pm today; right now Pulaski is 47F [4:30 pm] wind around 15 mph. sw its what it is! be safe ; roads will be bad tonight!
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Default Clubs closing trails

Some trails closed and most clubs are asking to stay off the trails until they get out and assess damage. Expected bridge damage, flooded trails and trees down will make cleanup difficult. Please help by either staying off the trails or offering to help a club
    Winona Forest Snowmobile Club
    Pulaski Boylston Snowmobile Club
    Redfield Snowmobile Club

Quote Originally Posted by old jerry View Post
    it can be brought back if we get cold weather and snow ; all the heavy snow predicted will hit the city of Oswego! also anyone headed up north on rt 3 ; north sandy creek has puked all its ice on the road ; its closed ; happens almost every year ; I was told some of the chunks were the size of trastor trailers. watertown was 60F at 1 pm today; right now Pulaski is 47F [4:30 pm] wind around 15 mph. sw its what it is! be safe ; roads will be bad tonight!
    After next weeks cold, its going to warm up at least until the first few days of feb.
    Im confused, wait... maybe i'm not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast