Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Save the Base

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cato ny
    Posts
    1,575

    Default Save the Base

    Just wondering how clubs that closed there trails the first part of the week made out . Iím willing to bet no better then us clubs that didnít close our trails.
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    Just wondering how clubs that closed there trails the first part of the week made out . Iím willing to bet no better then us clubs that didnít close our trails.
    The only thing that closing to save the base did was steal a valuable riding opportunity from snowmobilers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    170

    Default

    What base????? Nothing left from Utica to Syr now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Parish
    Posts
    758

    Default

    They still get paid........
    Without Yamaha I would have no reason to groom
    Proud drinker of Doolaid
    Kasoag Trailblazers

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    917

    Default

    This pretty much sums it up
    Name:  FB_IMG_1515770414008.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  14.6 KB

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    The only thing that closing to save the base did was steal a valuable riding opportunity from snowmobilers.
    Or protect future use of trails in sensitive areas; like trails that cross lawns or winter wheat.

  7. #7

    Default

    Watts the general consensus on how to get back at it to clean trails up? Iím going to Be up this weekend and if there are crews going out to do damage control, Iím in, specifically Winona or Redfield.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Fabius, North Redfield
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustacherider19 View Post
    Watts the general consensus on how to get back at it to clean trails up? Iím going to Be up this weekend and if there are crews going out to do damage control, Iím in, specifically Winona or Redfield.
    Never a consensus here on TC.com , we always move what we can off the trails when we ride and carry surveyors tape to try and warn of hazards ahead. If there is something you can not deal with if you are like OJ or I, old geezers, then contact the club where you are and let someone know about the problem. It maybe a good weekend to be trimming back the helmet-groomer slappers?
    Lafayette Trail Riders
    Snow Valley Riders
    Tully Trail Blazers
    Redfield Snowmobile Association

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,113

    Default

    We have a manipulated system that works well currently. I read it on the internet so it must be true.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ryder View Post
    Or protect future use of trails in sensitive areas; like trails that cross lawns or winter wheat.
    If it's so sensitive an area that you can't ride on it when it is covered with snow, but the temperature is over 35 degrees then it probably shouldn't be a funded trail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •