Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trail Conditions on and around the Hill

Quote Originally Posted by apexpoo! View Post
    Im from jersey. I dont have a “can” or back pack im bold so no mohawk or fancy clothes. A lot of you guys think this sport and place is just for you guys. We only get a couple weeks to ride and we all spent a lot of money to do it. So i wish all you that complain about the “base” would all shut the ?$&@ up and just thank the clubs and ride fo crying out loud
    YOU ARE SO CLUELESS ; there is more than just riding involved; it cost a lot of money just in vehicle gas to do trail maint. you people who just come up and ride and care less about the trails should help these clubs out. we now have bridges out and flooding on some trails; half the guys in our club that do the work don't even get a chance to ride. when clubs say STAY OFF THE TRAILS AND YOU STILL COME UP TO RIDE ; THATS PRETTY IGNORANT! THEN AGAIN WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED FROM A BUNCH OF CLUELESS CIDIOTS!. nothing turns the working core off more than trail trashers who cry about conditions that are beyond our control; mother nature nature still rules!
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Quote Originally Posted by hamcotrailrider View Post
    Yes it is 6 degrees this morning. And it is snowing. But there is no ice base, more likely slush that has not frozen solid yet. Or maybe there is until you get to a low spot, then there is a foot of water. It does not freeze instantly especially if it is moving. The local trail maintenance volunteers have their hands full dealing with problems in their homes, businesses, and communities. Snowmobile trails are not the first priority.
    its going to be like starting all over again ; bridges out and how many uprooted trees with the wind and soft wet ground. don't stand in front of the door ; people will be knocking the door in just to help out! LMAO
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Whatever happened to just saying, “if you are going to ride, please use caution.”

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    Whatever happened to just saying, “if you are going to ride, please use caution.”
    I hear ya! What ever happened to just riding and if you come to water go around and a downed tree move or cut it! The problem is there is no accountability anymore. Clubs should not have to even tell us that there might be water and trees down. If you can't figure that out and figure out what to do when you come to these obstacles then yes you shouldn't be out today or really any day!

I saw Winona’s groomer go by around 9 or 10 am. I’ll be out riding around 2pm until 7 if the trails are ok. I’ve got a hot date with my wife.

You can’t please everyone. Feel free to yell at me for riding.

It used to be so much easier. If it snowed enough you would try to ride. If it was $hitty out you ended up stopping somewhere close by and then you rode back home. If it wasn’t bad you kept on riding. How were we ever able to ride before the internet?

It used to be so much easier. If it snowed enough you would try to ride. If it was $hitty out you ended up stopping somewhere close by and then you rode back home. If it wasn’t bad you kept on riding. How were we ever able to ride before the internet?
    Agree 100%... I feel the internet is the single worst thing ever for snowmobiling! Half the fun used to be not knowing what you were going to find for conditions and making the best of it. Also being the only sled in 46 Corners used to be cool! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by firecat12 View Post
    Agree 100%... I feel the internet is the single worst thing ever for snowmobiling! Half the fun used to be not knowing what you were going to find for conditions and making the best of it. Also being the only sled in 46 Corners used to be cool! Haha
    Oh so true but someone thinks we are in the golden age of snowmobiling.

If you paid for registration and a club voucher you should be guaranteed the right to ride... If clubs close trails they should refund the voucher price...
    "Persistent Violator"

Yea, I miss the days of following ribbons, reflectors, or beer cans in a tree. And if there was no markers or if the trail got bumpy, make your own trail, but back in the day, things were different.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast