Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: P.B.S.C. Update

Default P.B.S.C. Update

O.K. lets try this again. Thur. night the P.B. and Tucker were out late and with a little rest back at it all day Fri. Everything from the Pulaski barn East is groomed and nice. I can't remember when the P.B. ran so good. The Tucker went back down to Pulaski to whip those trails back into shape, but first one of the wheels has to be changed out, Alexa stayed after a special meeting last night to do that. If Get Snow has something that fits our needs we will be leasing a groomer from then so we will have three groomers and we don't get into the mess we were in. Hopefully we got that monkey off our back and things will start running smother the rest of the season.
    If you get a chance and want some good food and a good ride go from the hill down to 11 North you won't be sorry.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

I gotta ask, only out of pure curiosity. I recall reading that you guys sold a bunch of groomers and drags in hopes of buying anew Tucker, which seems like it may in reality be a couple years down the road. This Tucker you guys currently have seems to be broken nearly every time it leaves the barn. Is it the operators? Or the lack of decent maintenance? It has to be something, IMO. Just being old and tired isn't the answer either. There's a ton of old and tired stuff out there still going and going. My other question is if this thing is constantly broke down wouldn't it be worth sending out to have it reconditioned, properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Drift Breaker View Post
    I gotta ask, only out of pure curiosity. I recall reading that you guys sold a bunch of groomers and drags in hopes of buying anew Tucker, which seems like it may in reality be a couple years down the road. This Tucker you guys currently have seems to be broken nearly every time it leaves the barn. Is it the operators? Or the lack of decent maintenance? It has to be something, IMO. Just being old and tired isn't the answer either. There's a ton of old and tired stuff out there still going and going. My other question is if this thing is constantly broke down wouldn't it be worth sending out to have it reconditioned, properly?
    Answer to first two questions. It's a little of both. We are not Tucker mechanics or P.B. mechanics we do the best we can. Other clubs may have great mechanics I don't have the answer to that. I can take a car from the 60's and do a lot to the motor, new ones I'm lost. If you ever watched Street Outlaws those guys have there lap tops taking power out and putting power in that's above me, not much different between old groomers and new ones. Last night at the directors meeting the answer to your last question is yes the Tucker will be going to Vermont to be given the once over this year but remember that's going to cost $$$$$ they don't work for free.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    Answer to first two questions. It's a little of both. We are not Tucker mechanics or P.B. mechanics we do the best we can. Other clubs may have great mechanics I don't have the answer to that. I can take a car from the 60's and do a lot to the motor, new ones I'm lost. If you ever watched Street Outlaws those guys have there lap tops taking power out and putting power in that's above me, not much different between old groomers and new ones. Last night at the directors meeting the answer to your last question is yes the Tucker will be going to Vermont to be given the once over this year but remember that's going to cost $$$$$ they don't work for free.
    Weíve sent our Tuckerís back every 4-5 years for some major overhauls and some paint work. Itís not cheap and you have to keep an eye on what gets done or missed. Yes they do somethings to avoid major issues but I have to roll my eyes at other things.

Anyways expect to drop at least $15k when you send it back.

I understand. Sometimes though it's worth the investment to get someone with professional experience to at least go through the machines once a season. Even if it costs money, which it will. But being broke down on nearly every run gets nothing accomplished at the same time. Breakdowns happen, nothing you can do about it. The older machines are easier to work on and the newer ones have yet to show their real problems but they will in another 4-5 years. I can foresee a lot of groomers out there on the side of the trail with no mechanical issues but a lot of electrical ones and believe me baling wire and duct tape wont work in that case. It has to cost money but how much are you really saving if every time it goes out it comes back broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Weíve sent our Tuckerís back every 4-5 years for some major overhauls and some paint work. Itís not cheap and you have to keep an eye on what gets done or missed. Yes they do somethings to avoid major issues but I have to roll my eyes at other things.

Anyways expect to drop at least $15k when you send it back.
    Body work is one thing I can say I do know how to do that I will most likely do this year. We now have a Flintstone mobile, floor pans shot on the 08 and not to mention other holes in it. WON'T SEE THAT HAPPEN ON A P.B.
    1% er

Default Parking

Forgot to mention the field on the north side of the barn in Pulaski is plowed off if you want to get to the hill from there C5-a all the way up. There's plenty of parking.
    1% er

Ed.....is anyone grooming in Lil John tonight??
    Winona Forest Snowmobile Club
    Pulaski Boylston Snowmobile Club
    Redfield Snowmobile Club

Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    Ed.....is anyone grooming in Lil John tonight??
    Can't say for sure I would hope so the P.B. is up there.
    1% er

Can't say for sure I would hope so the P.B. is up there.
    Thanks....whos up there? Brian? what shape is the beaver creek trail? you do my fav trail out to mcDonald?
    Winona Forest Snowmobile Club
    Pulaski Boylston Snowmobile Club
    Redfield Snowmobile Club

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast