Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: P.B.S.C. Update

Default Trail report from the trail

C5A from McKibbon to littlejohn done. Bice Rd done

I wouldn't need to manage my anger if others would manage their stupidity!

Default appologize to mustach rider

walt; I kinda unloaded on your gofundme action; I was just thinking old school ; I looked in to it and definitely owe you an apology. we have come a long way with donations in the past; I guess this is the modern way; take care; keep up the grooming and thanks for all your help. see you at the april meeting!
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Default My crystal ball was a little cloudy

I have said it before and will again, if we didnít groom there is a reason. Not to be confused with excuses.
    Early season we didnít groom until the trails were open. Club practice has always been we donít groom the trails until they are open. We have trails in both northern and southern tier. When we had opened trails in northern tier early in the past riders ignored the trail closed signs and rode on trails where the landowner was hunting. Maybe we need to reasses that practice and I will suggest we discuss it further during the summer. Stay tuned for more info on that topic next fall.
    Early-mid season we struggled largely because of a equipment update preposal I presented to the membership last summer which included selling off 2 old tuckers and buying 1 newer one and another brand new one with the grant we were awarded. It also included posting for sale all of our mogul master drags and purchasing 3-4 Trail pavers depending on what $$$ we were able to get for our mogul masters. Some of that plan worked and some didnít. It left us a short period with only 2 class A machines and 2 trail pavers. I figured if we could get by a little bit until the grant came through with 2 machines we would have time to make our grant purchase and been up to 3 machines quickly. With the available monies from the sale of the other 2 machines covering the 20% of the grant award without financing it have left us with only 1 groomer payment, 2 trail Paver payment and we would have 4 class A groomers and at least 3 pavers.
    Well it didnít work. When down to only 2 machines we got blessed with hydraulic issues, wheel issues, track carrier issues, broken springs, and a run of bad tracks. Again I take credit for this as it was me that made the proposal.
    I expected the grant to move more quickly than it did but at this point we wonít have a new machine until this summer. This is partially due to me struggling with some of the many documents for the grant. Again, blame me, not the volunteers that didnít have enough equipment to do the job.
    Thankfully with the help of a few good members we were able to find a machine in our price range mid season and get it home and on the trail quickly. Since then with the exception of the 2 weeks of warm temperatures our guys have been out grooming the 2/3 of our system that has been open consistently.
    The false statements that we arenít grooming, donít have help, donít let new people in the groomer are exactly that.
    We have both new members and veteran groomer operators out getting the job done. Our Facebook page is flooded with great comments, pictures, and video of our trails. Donations have been pouring in.
    If you want to tell me I screwed up early season by all means Iíll take that, itís true. BUT, to say our guys and gals arenít getting it done right now is a lie. If your looking to help keep our club moving forward constant beckering and negativity isnít the way. Put your personal issues aside and help the club move forward.
    We have a good crew and can always use more help.
    If the trails arenít up to your standards I can assure you they arenít up to ours either.

I wouldn't need to manage my anger if others would manage their stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by old jerry View Post
    walt; I kinda unloaded on your gofundme action; I was just thinking old school ; I looked in to it and definitely owe you an apology. we have come a long way with donations in the past; I guess this is the modern way; take care; keep up the grooming and thanks for all your help. see you at the april meeting!
    #MAGA
    MustacheMan Actually Got an Apology!
    Depression hurts.* Riding a Triple/Triple can help.* Spin the Track-Ruin the Trail!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122