Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: P.B.S.C. Update

Default groomer

" My buddy has emailed them a few times during the off season looking to take the groomer class and help out with grooming, but they never got back to him"

I took the coarse in lake placid with a few other certifications talked to the groomer coordinator on the phone 2 years ago told him I need hours in groomer available from Friday midnite till 6 pm Sunday and also emailed the other club I belong to STILL WAITING FOR THAT CALL BACK guess I got knocked off that plate

Quote Originally Posted by shabro View Post
    " My buddy has emailed them a few times during the off season looking to take the groomer class and help out with grooming, but they never got back to him"

I took the coarse in lake placid with a few other certifications talked to the groomer coordinator on the phone 2 years ago told him I need hours in groomer available from Friday midnite till 6 pm Sunday and also emailed the other club I belong to STILL WAITING FOR THAT CALL BACK guess I got knocked off that plate
    This is a common occurrence ...not just in snowmobile clubs but in any volunteer organization! Why? Because there are so few volunteers busy with all the work that needs to be done! Show up at a meeting, speak up and you will surely get a list of things to do!! Wait for a phone call from one of the volunteers who are working out in the middle of the forest where there is no service you will wait a long time.
    Winona Forest Snowmobile Club
    Pulaski Boylston Snowmobile Club
    Redfield Snowmobile Club

Default Trail closed til further notice

do to the WARM WEATHER AND RAIN ; S-52 DOWN TO THE SELKIRK SHORE STATE PARK AND LAKE ONTARIO WILL BE CLOSED TODAY; THE FIELDS ARE DOWN TO MUD AND DIRT; WE DON'T WANT TO DAMAGE ANY LANDOWNERS PROPERTY! S SOON AS THINGS FREEZE UP AND WE GET GROOMABLE SNOW THESE TRAILS WILL BE REOPENED. THERE MAY BE OTHER CLOSURES AS THE WARM WETHER AND RAIN WILL CONTINUE FOR SEVERAL DAYS.
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Carol, sorry but your post is BS, any volunteer organization that takes in tens of thousands of dollars must have some office organization and simple telephone, email or social media replies do not take much time (minutes actually). Blaming a lack of response because the volunteers are in the woods is just plain silly. Furthermore in regards to OJ who does represent a club whether he likes it or not should keep his politics out of his posts. His continue bashing of liberals helps eliminate 50% of potential volunteers. Since when does a volunteer organization that needs help profess to despise someone with a left leaning philosophy? IMHO, OJ's posts and rants do not help PBSC attract volunteers and has contributed to short staffing of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by jon4snow View Post
    Carol, sorry but your post is BS, any volunteer organization that takes in tens of thousands of dollars must have some office organization and simple telephone, email or social media replies do not take much time (minutes actually). Blaming a lack of response because the volunteers are in the woods is just plain silly. Furthermore in regards to OJ who does represent a club whether he likes it or not should keep his politics out of his posts. His continue bashing of liberals helps eliminate 50% of potential volunteers. Since when does a volunteer organization that needs help profess to despise someone with a left leaning philosophy? IMHO, OJ's posts and rants do not help PBSC attract volunteers and has contributed to short staffing of the club.
    SORRY CHARLIE; carol and the club are both out of cell phone range. i don't represent any club ; i am a landowner and member; i steped down from being on the board two years ago but keep up with whats going on. i see the few guys doing all the work and the cluless crybabies who never lifted a finger to help the sport doing all the complaining ; its pathetic how grown people thinks the clubs owe them. clubs are strictly volunteer and if you really wanted to help; you would; any club any time! so carols post isn't BS. YOU ARE JUST ONE OF THE CLUELESS; GO TO YOUR CLUB MEETINGS OR GET INVOLVED BEFOR YOU COMPLAIN! IF IM THE REASON NOBODY JOINS CLUBS; THEY REALLY DON'T WANT TO WORK! I DON'T BITE. YOU PEOPLE ARE THE ONES WHO BITES THE HANDS THAT FEEDS THEM!
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Ahh Jerry, Your reply is so typical of your posts, with a total lack of reading comprehension and constructive analysis & thought. No cell coverage? Now that is too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by shabro View Post

I love it when I hear what your saying. I don't know if you and your buddy know it or not but grooming is a clubs gravy. I would hope you don't think others are going to do all the grunt work and you and your buddy show up when the snow flies and jump in a groomer. If that's what happens in other clubs I would bet there is deception in the ranks. When I teach the groomer class one thing I say is a groomer operator is a dedicated member and does more than just run a groomer you can bet he or she does a lot more. It's in our protocol that our operators be active members, it could be as much as working on trails to cleaning the club house and everything in between you have to do something. It takes time to train a new person and you may just have to get in line, did you and your buddy think you were going to the head of the line? So ask yourself what else have you or your buddy done to deserve to run a clubs 200k dollar or more groomer? And if you or your buddy breaks something do you say I'll be back when you get it fixed? There's a lot more to it.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by jon4snow View Post
    Ahh Jerry, Your reply is so typical of your posts, with a total lack of reading comprehension and constructive analysis & thought. No cell coverage? Now that is too funny.
    Careful now he won a trophy and isn't affraid to throw that out there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    I love it when I hear what your saying. I don't know if you and your buddy know it or not but grooming is a clubs gravy. I would hope you don't think others are going to do all the grunt work and you and your buddy show up when the snow flies and jump in a groomer. If that's what happens in other clubs I would bet there is deception in the ranks. When I teach the groomer class one thing I say is a groomer operator is a dedicated member and does more than just run a groomer you can bet he or she does a lot more. It's in our protocol that our operators be active members, it could be as much as working on trails to cleaning the club house and everything in between you have to do something. It takes time to train a new person and you may just have to get in line, did you and your buddy think you were going to the head of the line? So ask yourself what else have you or your buddy done to deserve to run a clubs 200k dollar or more groomer? And if you or your buddy breaks something do you say I'll be back when you get it fixed? There's a lot more to it.
    Very well put, I agree 100%
    Jeff Hopkinson Pres. of Kasoag Trailblazers

Whether he likes it or not, Old Jerry does represent PBSC and he doesnít cast it in a positive light. My 3rd grader seems to have better reading comprehension than he does. I donít think he actually reads any of the posts before he replies. If someone pays him a compliment he craps on them too. Is he related to Schoolmarm?

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast