Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another inch

Default Another inch

Get ready boys! Here comes another inch or so. Sorry but I'm trying to keep my humor as winter slowly slips past us again with little to no snow totals in central pa. I know travel and go north....I miss riding around home.

Quote Originally Posted by seth marks View Post
    Get ready boys! Here comes another inch or so. Sorry but I'm trying to keep my humor as winter slowly slips past us again with little to no snow totals in central pa. I know travel and go north....I miss riding around home.
    100% agree. traveling 5 or more hours to ride gets old quick. on the bright side we may have 3 or more snow events over the next week. bad news is they may not total more than 6" combined and with no base left that ain't gonna cut it.
    2017 tnt 900 ACE
    2011 gsx 600 etec

I hear the pains in the words here too
    and not only bad snow here yr, but its bad in most places, cannot even really just tow 4-5 hrs and find snow right now??
    not even sure where to tow to, minus maybe Wy LOL

I am again really seeing why I have up sleds in PA for about 10 yrs, and just traveled rented and rode awesome snow, logged on a 1,000-1700 miles in a week or so
    MORE Than I do in most GOOD yrs in PA too
    and didn't cost me all that much more, when you figure all the costs to having a sled here in PA
    and always got to ride like brand new sleds, latest and greatest models and IF it broke or something happened, They gave me a new one to keep riding, NO down time, or very little?

and the scenery and memories have been priceless too!
    only real flaw is, cannot find anyone that wants to go , or has the time to go for 7-10 days at a time?
    or I think I might not have gotten back into owning sleds in PA again like I am now?
    last yr I Towed sleds 5,000 miles to log on 600 miles on them , ALL out of state of PA , just so I could say I ride them LOL ?? kind of hard to staying this sport any more with weather like we have

BUT when it does come and you have one, they do wash away all the bad memories pretty fast, still have a little time left to get some seat time in, so fingers crossed here any how(toes too)

Default 5000 miles of towing for 600 miles of riding???

Wow....just wow.

Ok

Just gonna send it.

I think he may have exaggerated just a little. But I do understand what hes saying! Lol
    2014 Mxz Sport 600 Ace- wifes
    2015 Mxz TnT 900 Ace - mine

I can relate to that kind of road mileage, with 1 way trip miles to my riding spots in Pa(195mi Laurel Highlands), Vermont(635mi. Hyde Park), Michigan(940mi. Rapid River U.P.) 5K miles are about the average. I grew up in New England and have owned a sled since the 70's and not ready to give it up!! Although living in Virginia, I've put some distance between me and the dependable(?)snow......I'm still not ready to give up the sport. Have trailer will travel....B.

I drove 600 round trip for 150 on the sled. Not fun but not may other options when it could be the only chance of the year.

nothing else like snowmobiling!!!!!

Default What inch?

Quote Originally Posted by rotax583 View Post
    nothing else like snowmobiling!!!!!
    And what's snowmobiling?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast