Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another inch

Quote Originally Posted by mrbb1 View Post
    I hear the pains in the words here too
    and not only bad snow here yr, but its bad in most places, cannot even really just tow 4-5 hrs and find snow right now??
    not even sure where to tow to, minus maybe Wy LOL

I am again really seeing why I have up sleds in PA for about 10 yrs, and just traveled rented and rode awesome snow, logged on a 1,000-1700 miles in a week or so
    MORE Than I do in most GOOD yrs in PA too
    and didn't cost me all that much more, when you figure all the costs to having a sled here in PA
    and always got to ride like brand new sleds, latest and greatest models and IF it broke or something happened, They gave me a new one to keep riding, NO down time, or very little?

and the scenery and memories have been priceless too!
    only real flaw is, cannot find anyone that wants to go , or has the time to go for 7-10 days at a time?
    or I think I might not have gotten back into owning sleds in PA again like I am now?
    last yr I Towed sleds 5,000 miles to log on 600 miles on them , ALL out of state of PA , just so I could say I ride them LOL ?? kind of hard to staying this sport any more with weather like we have

BUT when it does come and you have one, they do wash away all the bad memories pretty fast, still have a little time left to get some seat time in, so fingers crossed here any how(toes too)
    Lol no need to go to Wyoming, tons of snow in Quebec right now. Was up on the Gaspe peninsula last week and the riding was great

way less hassle for ME to go west than to go to canada, and less worries about things getting stolen
    sorry just me being honest
    and Quebec isn't that close for me either, air fare to WY right now is about 300 bucks round trip, can rent a sled plus lodging and a free tank of fuel each day for about $1400.00 bucks for 7 nights 6 days, and be on a brand new sled and if it break they give me a new one LOL
    \with numbers like this, the ability to log in all the miles your butt can handle in awesome scenery on great snow
    its getting harder and harder to justify owning sled in PA is all I am saying
    and they almost NEVER have a NO snow yr there?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbb1 View Post
    way less hassle for ME to go west than to go to canada, and less worries about things getting stolen
    sorry just me being honest
    and Quebec isn't that close for me either, air fare to WY right now is about 300 bucks round trip, can rent a sled plus lodging and a free tank of fuel each day for about $1400.00 bucks for 7 nights 6 days, and be on a brand new sled and if it break they give me a new one LOL
    \with numbers like this, the ability to log in all the miles your butt can handle in awesome scenery on great snow
    its getting harder and harder to justify owning sled in PA is all I am saying
    and they almost NEVER have a NO snow yr there?
    I was just thinking the same thing.
    Just wondering where in Wyoming you go and is it back country riding or trail? Or a combo of both? My wife would not go with me if it was not on trails.
    2014 Mxz Sport 600 Ace- wifes
    2015 Mxz TnT 900 Ace - mine

Quote Originally Posted by Scott63 View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing.
    Just wondering where in Wyoming you go and is it back country riding or trail? Or a combo of both? My wife would not go with me if it was not on trails.
    I have done both types of trips where things were more of one or the other,
    as for the WIFE, a lot here IMO comes down to what her skill set is, and what she wants, before saying where to go.
    if she is a experienced rider, and just wants to log miles on and see scenery, about any of the main spots will work(west yellowstone for the main here)
    the advantage there is there is a TON of things to do AFTER riding and or just more places to ride to and stop in for a drink/food, or to look around,
    there are hundreds of miles of groomed trails and , thousands of acres of off trail, IF anyone wants to venture off, rentals are way more popular and thus, way more selections of sleds and options on rentals, from gear to you name it

if your more into a more quiet place, less traffic and less places to stop and eat at, but still want miles of groomed trails,
    my fav area has been the Pinedale WY area, CDT trail system, a few hundred miles of NICE WIDE flat like open trails, that travel up and thru many MT's of sorts(this yr there having some issue's with a pass eroding, and last I heard there working on a fix)
    but there is about 1.5 million acres of hills, meadows and like play areas, from small easier going to as wild as one might want to go
    I have taken new riders to this area in the past(one girlfriend that never rode a sled before, and she logged in over a 1100 miles in 6 days without trying hard)
    when I have lesser experienced riders, I have stuck to trails for them or just easy off trail,(mostly off trail that has a lot of tracks they can stay on, yet get off trail views and such) and with SO many bigger open play area';s
    Most were more than willing to just stop take a break and let me or others play in the off trail and they would just watch
    keep play times short and NO one ever complained with me?
    and a flat lander like me gets time in PLAYING in the deep , which is a LOT of fun to be honest

Island Park ID< is another great western place for WIVES, good trails, lots of great accommodations(many cater to the wives , spa treatments and such
    so the guys can ride more OFF trail or just ride more as they have things to do while we ride!

West Yellowstone also has this, just little more private like spa's in Island park IMP

the first time out, staying near the park might be a better plan, more options and things to do for a couple's like trip IMO
    unless your all really into riding, then getting away from the tourist area's is a better idea
    all comes down to the experience you want and have
    but its SHOULD be a must do at least once for all snowmobile's
    only problem with going once is you will want to go back again and again
    might ruin your riding experiences in PA real fast!

MY tip is for those that DO want to try off trail but mostly trail ride is, RENT trail sleds for most of the trip and then RENT a REAL MT sled for when you want to TRY the off trail
    the new REAL MT sleds, will save you a LOT of digging out, sore backs and work, there amazing in what they can do as to just sleds of a few yrs back, and again its a bucket list like deal to those with health to play there, a GUIDE for ONE day(or more) is WELL SPENT MONEY if you want to go off trail too, safer, will get you UN stuck a lot or just keep you from getting stuck, plus will get you in the better places to do it all in!

Quote Originally Posted by bluejackola View Post
    And what's snowmobiling?
    now thats just not right

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12