Thread: Any ridable snow snow in Pa ?

Default Any ridable snow snow in Pa ?

just wondering if there is any rideable snow in Pa. this weekend ?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by t-rev View Post
    just wondering if there is any rideable snow in Pa. this weekend ?
    Hopefully we get enough sunday

Snowing at the moment but currently only an inch or slightly more - 12 miles south of Black Mo. Hoping they're getting more than we are.

Its been snowing all morning just east of Sand Bridge. We have about 2 inches and they are calling for 3-5 depending where you look. I doubt there was any base left around Rb but i have not been up there since the last snow. There could be riding after wednesday's storm so keep your fingers crossed. Wish my sled wasn't dead

We got more than I anticipated. I think there will be enough, definitely enough after Wednesdays storm if the forecast holds.

I'm going to try to make a trip up to Black Mo in the morning.

well don't count your chickens just yet
    I HAD 7.5 inches at 7 pm here, and now its pouring rain
    I doubt by morning I will have enough to ride here, unless I want to beat my sled up and find bottom every where!
    snow WAS all powder too before rain,
    IF it drops in temps and stays there, a base will build with the rain, but we will need for sure more snow on top to make it worth riding on!
    supposed to stay cold after tomorrow, but we all know how that goes LOL
    fingers crossed here!

Looks like 8-12 potter
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The SURGEON GENERAL never said anything about SMOKIN your friends

Had enough to do 75 good miles in black Mo on Monday. I passed two guys unloading at the lake, but never saw anyone again. I was the only tracks for the majority of the day. I didn't get back out yesterday but there was more than enough snow to go out and play. We already have another 2" or so this morning. I'm hoping the transfer over to rain doesn't occur, at least up on the mountains.

Having said that Tram road has logging trucks form Rattlesnake up to 4 miles in where they currently are. Sections of that road are hard to pull over for the trucks. I talked to DCNR as well, they had just finished unlocking all the gates at 9am as I started out. They warned me about Tram, and also Strawband. Never saw anything but a bunch of tire tracks on Strawband though. I Also had a herd of 37 deer cross in front of me about 30 yards while on the connector trail from Huckleberry to Shields Dam road.

Been a while since I was able to get out. It felt good.