Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tully area??

My wife loves the Brackel, but they were closed since last May.
    Heard they were open certain weekends. Check their Facebook page.
    Georgetown Inn also closed.
    As an alternate the Foggy Google at Toggenburg Mountain Ski Slope is very good.
    Also, Blue Canoe in Erieville very good.

Mark
    CHENANGO SNO RIDERS
    BC SNORIDERS

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ryder View Post
    If we drop at Tully, where is the best place to the Southeast to take her for lunch? The Brackel Inn?

I have been to the Bolsom Inn and the Outpost ... great places to go with the boys, but not where I want to take my bride.
    Are you ready for this weekend!? 😎
    We'll be open for great meals!
    Fri 4 - 9pm
    Sat Noon - 9pm
    Sun Noon - 6pm
    We've had ALOT of reservations for Saturday night already, but have plenty of room from Noon until 4:30 and after 8pm on Sat... Friday has some seating left and we are wide open on Sunday. So come on out on your snowmobiles and get an 🍔Awesome Burger, Steak or the Best Wings.🍗 Our Hot n Sloppy Pig is always a hit too!
    We've got homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup and Corn Chowder, Carrot Cake, Peanut Butter Pie, Cheesecake and other Delicious Viddles! Call us and we'll save you a table! Cuz, well, you know, we are "Conveniently Located in the Middle of Nowhere" and want to make sure that You get the great meal you've come for. 😉
    607-863-3885 or message us right here on Facebook.
    They are open this weeknd

The Brackel is Open this weekend! Don't let those itty bitty snow flakes scare you off! ❄ Drive carefully and Come on out tonight for a fabulous fried Haddock dinner, Black Angus steak, Prime Rib, Burgers, Wings 🍗, Captains Platter and more! Our Homemade Soups and Desserts 🍰 are Scrumptious! 😍
    Call us and we'll even save you a table! 607-863-3885 See you soon!
    PS... Sunday we'll be here Noon - 6pm with Sports on the TVs, come watch with us!

Cool

I also like Mijo's in Marathon, it is a bit of a dive but the food and staff are great.
    Last edited by Trail Ryder; 1 Week Ago at 11:41 AM.

Where's a good spot to drop from in tulley?

Quote Originally Posted by SGFLash View Post
    Where's a good spot to drop from in tulley?
    You can drop right at the Tully exit store/hotel lots..believe it's a nice n easy

Quote Originally Posted by fillman1 View Post
    You can drop right at the Tully exit store/hotel lots..believe it's a nice n easy
    The people at the Nice n Easy were *******s to me last time I tried to launch a sled there, last year. "that parking's for trucks."

The hotel (Best Western) is a lot more accommodating. I'll be buying my gas somewhere else, from now on.

Thanks. I saw them giving people a hard time last March. I parked at the bank bc it was closed for the Sunday.

I am getting the impression that after founder John MacDougall passed, & his Nice & Easy chain was sold off to several competitors, the new corporate owners are not sled friendly.

Red face

Around 9:30 AM, my wife and I dropped at Tully and planned to head to the Brackle Inn for lunch. It was a little snotty for the first few miles out of Tully, but as we hit the higher elevations, things firmed up and smoothed out.

We did meet a single rider and the trail, who rode from Morrisville and told us that the sled trail through Truxton was flooded.

We thought we were headed Southeast but made a wrong turn at Albuquerque and ended up down by K and H Motorsports (things were wet and getting snotty in East Homer and Little York).

I went inside K and H and they got me pointed in the right direction.

Shortly thereafter we encountered some sleet but the trails were nice, as we approached Marathon, the trails got REALLY nice. We were getting hungry and were planning to ditch the Brackle Inn and head to Miho's, in Marathon, for some fajitas. However, we noticed the Maple Hill Golf Course Country Club was right on the trail and open to sledders. So we went in and met some friendly locals, and had a decent lunch.

After lunch, temperature dropped, the sleet had stopped, and the trails continued to get better and better as we worked our way towards Pharsalia. And the trails were just getting better and better ... and we saw a sign for the Brackle Inn and enjoyed the ride there, where we had dessert.

After leaving the Brackle Inn, we back tracked a little and worked our way towards DeRuyter. The trails were great all the way back to Tully, except for the last 5 miles within Tully. Not that they were terrible, but the Quebec conditions were no longer.

We finished up with 120 miles on our sleds and I think we saw 25 sleds all day.
    Last edited by Trail Ryder; 1 Week Ago at 08:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12