Thread: Winona Event this weekend- trail detours

Default Winona Event this weekend- trail detours

WFRA will be having the annual ski race this Saturday. Be aware of trail detours in the northern section of Bargy. You will be stopped, rerouted or delayed for a short time till safe to go thru. There will be LEO presence in the forest. Remember the DEC speed limit on state land is 25 mph

Feb 17-18 PSDC is having sled dog races.....I know a lot of you enjoy seeing those

There is also a dual event March 3 & 4....you'll see a lot of bikes

The events are out of CCC Camp and effect the northern section of the forest
    Winona Forest Snowmobile Club
    Pulaski Boylston Snowmobile Club
    Redfield Snowmobile Club

Saturday, are you thinking that parking in the Wart Road lot, or the Bargy lot will be challenging? We had planned on launching there Saturday at 7am with the kids, but if the ski race includes a lot of Holly Bennet/ Tucker, then maybe we should reconsider? Those would really be the only parts of the trails we would be on, until we get to the back way up to Van Brocklin.
    Member of:
    Mexico
    Pulaski Boylston
    Square Valley
    Southern Tug Hill
    Barnes Corners
    TC Riders
    Kasoag
    Redfield
    Valley
    Winona

It's Tabolt. Not Talbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Coondog2707 View Post
    Saturday, are you thinking that parking in the Wart Road lot, or the Bargy lot will be challenging? We had planned on launching there Saturday at 7am with the kids, but if the ski race includes a lot of Holly Bennet/ Tucker, then maybe we should reconsider? Those would really be the only parts of the trails we would be on, until we get to the back way up to Van Brocklin.
    sorry Coondog.....I wasn't on here to see this. Hope it all worked out ...P1 & P2 wart hawley and tucker were not an issue tho and usually are not with these events on north end
    Redfield Snowmobile Club

Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    sorry Coondog.....I wasn't on here to see this. Hope it all worked out ...P1 & P2 wart hawley and tucker were not an issue tho and usually are not with these events on north end
    No issue at all! Parked at Pul-Boy's Groomer barn in town, had a nice ride up, saw LEOs unloading at Bargy and chatted with them. No issues at all. Didn't see any skiers though!
    Member of:
    Mexico
    Pulaski Boylston
    Square Valley
    Southern Tug Hill
    Barnes Corners
    TC Riders
    Kasoag
    Redfield
    Valley
    Winona

It's Tabolt. Not Talbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Coondog2707 View Post
    No issue at all! Parked at Pul-Boy's Groomer barn in town, had a nice ride up, saw LEOs unloading at Bargy and chatted with them. No issues at all. Didn't see any skiers though!
    ski race started out of ccc camp and used the non motorized event loop for the most of it. Yeah I had a chat with LEOs too as I came thru going to pulaski. They had a ton of sleds stopped at tucker/bargy
    Redfield Snowmobile Club