Thread: Black Moshannon

Default Black Moshannon

I'm anxious to hear a report from our Black Mo friends. Their web site hasn't been updated lately.

Default Poker Run

I believe but not certain, Black Mo's snow date for their Poker Run is set for this Saturday. I would think they will be updating the conditions after this snow today. Their Poker Run is always a good time so hopefully the Snow God's will be good to them this year. Wife and I will come up for it if it's going to happen.
    Last edited by 7mtssnowman; 1 Week Ago at 11:04 AM.

We will update website when I get home. It has turned to rain all ready here in State College. Hope it's different on the mountain!

Thumbs up Thanks

BMC, Thanks for the update we will keep an eye open for your report.
    THINK SNOW !!!!

It's been on and off here just north of SC. A friend in Julian said it's stayed more snow for them, so here's hoping the elevation change up to Black Mo itself (about 5 miles more north) has kept it as snow.

From the PA thread I posted earlier -

Had enough to do 75 good miles in black Mo on Monday. I passed two guys unloading at the lake, but never saw anyone again. I was the only tracks for the majority of the day. I didn't get back out yesterday but there was more than enough snow to go out and play. We already have another 2" or so this morning. I'm hoping the transfer over to rain doesn't occur, at least up on the mountains.

Having said that Tram road has logging trucks form Rattlesnake up to 4 miles in where they currently are. Sections of that road are hard to pull over for the trucks. I talked to DCNR as well, they had just finished unlocking all the gates at 9am as I started out. They warned me about Tram, and also Strawband. Never saw anything but a bunch of tire tracks on Strawband though. I Also had a herd of 37 deer cross in front of me about 30 yards while on the connector trail from Huckleberry to Shields Dam road.

Been a while since I was able to get out. It felt good.

I'm guessing we received about 5" today, but we also got some of the rain. I measured around, and I get an average of 6" total. It is super loose right now, but with cold temps tonight it should stiffen up. The poker run is officially on for this weekend.

BMC, Thank you for the update, wife and I will be there....

Thanks BMC....Also, thanks Shooterxc for the info.