Thread: Crossing Oneida Lake

Default Crossing Oneida Lake

I'm seeing more activity out on the lake now that we have snow. Has anyone crossed between Borio's and Constantia? I'm thinking if the weather is decent to get out tomorrow I
    wanna get out for a spin maybe towards Sylvan for the races and possibly loop up through Camden over to Parish and back down as long as the crossing is good.

Quote Originally Posted by dacapeman View Post
    I'm seeing more activity out on the lake now that we have snow. Has anyone crossed between Borio's and Constantia? I'm thinking if the weather is decent to get out tomorrow I
    wanna get out for a spin maybe towards Sylvan for the races and possibly loop up through Camden over to Parish and back down as long as the crossing is good.
    Rode the lake last night and it was in nice shape. Rode McConnellsville, Cleveland, lake to Bernhard's Bay, Panther Lake Trail, Williamstown, Altmar, Redfield, Florence, Camden, McConnellsville. All was very nice!

rode the rez today.....not many tracks but it was great ......lots of slush at edges tho
    Winona Forest Snowmobile Club
    Pulaski Boylston Snowmobile Club
    Redfield Snowmobile Club

Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    rode the rez today.....not many tracks but it was great ......lots of slush at edges tho
    Good to know, glad that is an option.

I rode Kasoag Lake on Saturday, and that is good to go as well. As you come up (or go down) at Kasoag Lake Park, take note of the pontoon boat still at the dock; either an early start to the boating season, or someone got busy in the fall.

Hats off to Redfield - they have had the South Shore trail in MINT condition nearly all season despite their groomer issues. One of the best views in Oswego Co. is crossing the dyke at the eastern end of the trail and looking west towards Coey Hill, particularly on a sunny day.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by OrwellianCamper View Post
    I rode Kasoag Lake on Saturday, and that is good to go as well. As you come up (or go down) at Kasoag Lake Park, take note of the pontoon boat still at the dock; either an early start to the boating season, or someone got busy in the fall.

Hats off to Redfield - they have had the South Shore trail in MINT condition nearly all season despite their groomer issues. One of the best views in Oswego Co. is crossing the dyke at the eastern end of the trail and looking west towards Coey Hill, particularly on a sunny day.
    I ice fished kasoag last saturday, ice was about 15". I could give you the exact depth but my girlfriend dropped my ladle in the water! Someone is going scuba diving in the spring...haha

I also rode the south shore trail last sunday and it was mint!