Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go get em!

Default Go get em!

Loud pipe crackdown coming to a trail near you! Law enforcement understands the problem why can't you?

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/p...biles_too_loud
    "Persistent Violator"

I love the guy “minding his own business” feeling hassled. It ain’t all about you buddy!

Just love the offenders comments as just a revenue maker. He's the one along w/ the non registers as to why LEO's are out in the 1st place. I don't have a problem with LEO's being out. In fact, I welcome seeing them. No reason whatsoever to have a can on todays sleds when they are all pretty much capable of 85-100 mph stock. You want them on your sled, then go find a race track on a closed course to use them. No need for them on the trails. Had one pass by me last night and braaaaped it just as he was besides me. Scared the bejesus out of me. All day long was hoping to see both the THR's off in the buckwheat & LEO's checking for pipes. LEO's we saw just looking for reg stickers.

Phantom, lest we forget, these A-holes who feel the need for cans, they are saving several pounds of weight.

heard a few way too loud pipes out there the past few days. best part is when they feel the need to go off trail and pin it to show off the noise... We were at the gorge and you could hear them coming for miles...

Friday we ran in to 2 DEC and 2 Lewis County police on sleds with one guy in a truck at the end of Little John...

The DEC were breaking in 2 new skidoo sleds, one which had the mirrors and windshield ripped off it that morning while unloading off the trailer with 0 miles... oops... Good to see them out there but just so happens they were not in a busy area, they need to be up by Flat Rock getting pipes, drunks, registration...
    Work hard, play hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Loud pipe crackdown coming to a trail near you! Law enforcement understands the problem why can't you?

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/p...biles_too_loud
    Go to the WKTV web site (http://www.wktv.com/content/news/Are...473700333.html ) and read the comments. LOL Some people are truly clueless. Glad Jim is commenting ! We all need to support and thank the LEO's for enforcing the law !

Well Friday night the Boonville popo had two sleds stopped at the RT.12 Crossing by the town barn. One was cuffed and the other appeared to be undergoing a field sobriety test.
    Chalk one up for the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by T Hillrider View Post
    Go to the WKTV web site (http://www.wktv.com/content/news/Are...473700333.html ) and read the comments. LOL Some people are truly clueless. Glad Jim is commenting ! We all need to support and thank the LEO's for enforcing the law !
    You suckered me into reading the comments. It reminds me why I don't read the comments in my local news outlets. It's scary how stupid people are......

Default Thanks

Phantom, thanks for sharing this link.

What a relief there is an increase in law enforcement this year, especially on our top trail closure issue, cans.

Interesting what the rider who got busted with the can said. If you ever wondered what a can man's perspective is, there you have it.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

Nice to see the check points and then being made public.
    More awareness.

At 1:27 in,vid shows there are still guys with stickers on the tunnel.

Poor Paul Moberg,written a loud exhaust ticket and considers it being harassed.

Mentioned in vid about taking a safety class yet until it's made mandatory, will do nothing really.
    ************************************************** ******************************
    More need to complain as loud pipes are everywhere.

Seems from vid landowners are the ones to tell --hey will you call the cops please?
    Call,e mail,facebook message clubs?
    Hey so and so club-- I ride your trails and loud pipes are everywhere and I don't want
    these trails shut down.
    A nice phone call from a club pres (rep) to the LEO's asking for a trailside loud exhaust/reg checkpoint for a few hours
    may accomplish something.(probably never happen).

At any somewhat high traffic intersection all it takes is 5 minutes and one could write at least 2 loud exhaust tickets.
    Seriously,really not that difficult to do.
    While everyone passing sees LEOs and tickets being written.
    How about rotating checkpoints?

Default i love it

when these clueless get a ticket and get fined mabe they won't be back; no loss because anyone that clueless don't belong on ny trail systems. thank you for donating to our system; the money helps the clubs!
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast