Name:  1E61C4E0-F0C0-4E4B-B8B3-0772DA5B6542.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  17.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    They put a new post in the pavilion.
    Just a little damage

Quote Originally Posted by 600SDI View Post
    Was either a 250 or 350.
    Hard to tell as the emblem on the fender was peeled off.
    Buddie has a 16 f-150 Eco boost aluminum body his pop got a 17 f-250 diesel and that is a aluminum body that is how I know about them I'm a Chevy guy but smash fords in demo derby(crown Vic's and Lincolns)

Don't think wether or not it was an alum or steel body truck. You hit a pretty good solid piece of steel (in this case a snowplow) and the it's going to tear things apart

You guys are correct thats the old steel body 250 super duty not the new aluminum one. I just upgraded to the aluminum F250 diesel and its a great truck, pulls the sled trailer very nicely.

Sure hope the plow is ok... We need the plow truck more than we need the snow police who turn a blind eye to SWI.
    Work hard, play hard!

Quote Originally Posted by ORANGE F7 View Post
    You guys are correct thats the old steel body 250 super duty not the new aluminum one. I just upgraded to the aluminum F250 diesel and its a great truck, pulls the sled trailer very nicely.

Sure hope the plow is ok... We need the plow truck more than we need the snow police who turn a blind eye to SWI.
    I will be interested in seeing what becomes of an aluminum body with steel fasteners in the salt after a few years.
    Seems like a recipe for serious corrosion in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by 600SDI View Post
    I will be interested in seeing what becomes of an aluminum body with steel fasteners in the salt after a few years.
    Seems like a recipe for serious corrosion in a hurry.
    Yeah it sure does... sounds like the equivalent of Triton's Steel Axles on their Clam Shells sitting directly against the aluminum frame bracket. Corrodes much worse than steel on steel.

Quote Originally Posted by firecat12 View Post
    Yeah it sure does... sounds like the equivalent of Triton's Steel Axles on their Clam Shells sitting directly against the aluminum frame bracket. Corrodes much worse than steel on steel.
    There is supposed to be a plastic isolator between the axle and the frame. I have seen many left out when swapping axles.
    "Persistent Violator"

Aren't pretty much all alum frame sled trailers on steel axles?. Same way w/ semi's alum frame flatbed trailers? One has to wonder tho exactly how did Ford test and how much testing did they do w/ the alum body in salt conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
    Aren't pretty much all alum frame sled trailers on steel axles?. Same way w/ semi's alum frame flatbed trailers? One has to wonder tho exactly how did Ford test and how much testing did they do w/ the alum body in salt conditions?
    A buddie of mine has a 2015 Ford Expedition and it's been back 3 times for the paint bubbling on the rear gate and it is aluminum.it is oxidizing around handle under the paint

Ford F150s have been aluminum since 2015 but who knows what will happen in 10 more years but no issues yet that I have heard of. I keep my truck for 3 years max so not worried about rust or corrosion.

The new super duty is a sweet ride! My platinum has massaging seats, awful nice after a long day riding lol! A lot more quiet than the old diesels are for sure!
    Work hard, play hard!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123