Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redfield popo crash

Default Redfield popo crash

On 2/4/18 at 2:52 p.m., Sgt. Timothy J. Brown, 52, of the Oswego County Sheriff’s Office was operating a 2015Ford pickup towing an enclosed trailer, both registered to the Oswego County Sheriff’s Office, southwest on CR 17 in the Town of Redfield rounding a curve when the vehicle collided with a 2014 International snowplow registered to the Town of Redfield that was traveling northeast and being operated by Eugene E. Babcock, 69, of 4791 CR 17, Redfield, NY. Slippery roads, failure to keep right and oversized vehicle seem to have been contributing factors. Sgt. Brown was transported by ambulance to Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse. Just want to know why we was not cited like other drivers that crashed.sounds to me to fast for conditions not staying right and careless driving.

Quote Originally Posted by smasher8383 View Post
    On 2/4/18 at 2:52 p.m., Sgt. Timothy J. Brown, 52, of the Oswego County Sheriff’s Office was operating a 2015Ford pickup towing an enclosed trailer, both registered to the Oswego County Sheriff’s Office, southwest on CR 17 in the Town of Redfield rounding a curve when the vehicle collided with a 2014 International snowplow registered to the Town of Redfield that was traveling northeast and being operated by Eugene E. Babcock, 69, of 4791 CR 17, Redfield, NY. Slippery roads, failure to keep right and oversized vehicle seem to have been contributing factors. Sgt. Brown was transported by ambulance to Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse. Just want to know why we was not cited like other drivers that crashed.sounds to me to fast for conditions not staying right and careless driving.
    I think you and us all know the answer to that question
    brothers in arms, have discretion they can use at will, so?
    Last edited by mrbb1; 1 Week Ago at 06:32 PM.

Boils down to who you know... Being cops themselves they didnt have to go far.
    Work hard, play hard!

Even minor accidents in my area receive tickets. The officers say that they have no discretion in the matter.

Just sucks you see tickets for headlamp out and this guy crashes and gets no tickets.bet if it was a normal joe we would have been cited a few times plus the plow driver would have back neck pain just saying.cops down here in pa they say to the tow truck driver (a buddie of mine)if the car is drivable (no paper work) no ticket.and beleive me they are not drivable but after cop leaves they tow it.
    Last edited by smasher8383; 1 Week Ago at 09:14 PM.

Popo won't get ticketed, but the plow driver probly will.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
    Popo won't get ticketed, but the plow driver probly will.
    County, town, or state plows there no different than groomers they have the right of way. Plows don't hit cars , cars hit plows.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

It's pretty ironic that on any given Saturday I would estimate 500+ trucks and trailers flock to the hill hauling sleds and you hear of maybe one accident a year related to hauling sleds in our area. People complain all year long about needing more LEO on the trails and the LEO crashes on their short drive back from doing so. Hands down if this was one of us we would have been ticketed for at least unsafe speed for conditions and probably for more.

I know of 2 accidents down here in pa with a plow truck.one was a woman that came to a 3 way stop.one way was a one way road.she looked up and across the road no one coming and got hit on drivers side by plow truck.he was going the wrong way up the one way.they ruled it her fault.plow had right of way.other was camper parked on side of city street opened the side up was not plow drivers fault they say

The cop that hit the pavilion in Stillwater last week got tickets so I guess he didn't know the right people?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast